Tom
Years ago

36ers only 50/50 on Motum returning

Dean Parker on 9 News said he was only 50% sure of Motum returning. Would be a big blow if he doesn't.

Topic #36698 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

Well, it would be. But you would always expect him to be 50/50 because he was a nose hair away from making an NBA team last season. If we lose him and retain johnson I think we will not be too disadvantaged. We should be looking for top calibre imports and to shake up our line up a bit anyways (outside of 5 or so core guys)

Reply #520889 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Exactly, he was always a 50/50 chance but he is contracted to us should he not make the NBA. I think he still has a few things to work on before he makes an NBA roster so I would be leaning more towards a return.

Reply #520928 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Thought someone said he had a euro out as well?

Reply #520931 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

He was signed for 2 season so no one else could et him next year if he didn't make it in the NBA.

I would expect that 50/50 to actually be 90/10 gone.

Keeping DJ is important. Be keen to see how the next couple of weeks pan out.

Reply #520935 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah Euro would be the only chance we lose him.

Reply #520936 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

How did his time with Bologna go? He's not good enough for the NBA, but Euro teams are a definite possibility.

Reply #520938 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

If he does leave would they go for an import big?

Reply #520959 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Think you'll find that BrockM makes a move to another NBL location....

Reply #520960 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I think you'll find he's under contract, so that's the only thing he won't be doing.

Reply #520961 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

CJ Bruton broaden the geographical construct of what is Europe a few years back :-)

Reply #520964 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I think there is more chance of Brock going to Europe than there is of him playing NBA.

I hope he stays.

Motum is under contract to Adelaide for the 2015-16 season so if he stays here he'll be with the 36ers and I can't see us letting him go to another NBL club, even if one does happen to start up in Brisbane. But he does have an out clause should he get a "can't refuse" type offer from Europe or the NBA.

Reply #520965 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hey worst case the money being thrown his way will go towards another great talent. We ran with 1 import this season, and if we had to replace Motum with a stud import and pay accordingly so be it. Having said that, grew to really like his game so hopefully he is back.

Reply #520983 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I dont believe he has a Euro out clause.

Reply #521022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As long as we keep one of Motum or DJ we should be happy.

Reply #521044 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Interesting Creek not going to SEABL but Woodville and DJ not mentioned to be at Wests.

Reply #521047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ playing in Puerto Rico

Reply #521050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754