BODY SUITS.... Hot or not...?

Topic #3671 | Report this topic

ANON  
Years ago

depends whos wearing them!

Reply #42782 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Dunno how they look but they are really comfortable- better than shorts and singlet.

Reply #42805 | Report this post

Boddie Sewt  
Years ago

I love wearing nothing more than bathers to play in. I especially love it when every step i take rides that lycra further and further up my legs until i choke.
I love that I can't eat pasta or anythign milky for fear of the dreaded bodysuit-bloat. I love going to the toilet during half time and exhausting myself trying to get that sweaty, clingy material back on reasonably. I love the search for my g-string in my crack after the game. I love sucking my guts in all game and worrying more about how my arse looks than how I'm playing. I love that in those cold winter games everyone can always see my headlights.

So in short, Bodysuits are HOT.

(Mod: Nice. Still laughing.)

Reply #42806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feels like you're wearing, nothing at all! nothing at all, nothing at all

-Flanders

Reply #42827 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

boddie - classic post !

Reply #42833 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

U hav no idea Boddie. Seriously!

It doesn't ride up at all because there is a strip of padding that sits at ur thighs.

Bathers??? hav u noticed the difference between bathers and a bodysuit?!?! Bathers have thin straps, are low cut and finish at ur arse like undies. Bodysuits have shorts! And cover your entire chest.

I really don't think it matters if u look fat cos afterall, u r there to play basketball, not look like a supermodel.If u r worrying more about how fat ur arse looks rather than the game, u shouldn't be playing.

Didn't your coach teach u in under 12s that u go to the toilet before the game- not during it. If u do go the toilet, u just slip it off then slide it up.

I'd rather the oppostion keep their hands off me rather than clinging onto my singlet all game. There is no way they can grab a bodysuit and hold onto it.

Why do u think most womens teams wear bodysuits or tight clothing- (basketball, netball, hockey, tennis) because they are more of an advantage than a disadvantage.

And by the way... Where do u think g-strings are supposed to sit???!?!

Reply #42903 | Report this post

fatso  
Years ago

lighten up anon, i think boddies post was hilarious, abviously not a huge fan of the body suit!...cant say that i have ever played in one, dont think i ever would want to. Glad to see them go!

Reply #43103 | Report this post

Yeah, totally agree with you fatso!!! Boddies call was great and I totally vouch everything Boddies said!! Body suits are hidious and I find it extremely hard to understand how any normal chick would prefer to play in a skin tight, arse riding, curve showing peice of lycra instead of comfortable, good fitting shorts and a bball singlet!! I have played in body suits for years and have not once enjoyed playing in one. Your there to play basketball and its about being comfortable and avoiding distractions... body suits are a total distraction as they are so bloody annoying and would make any normal figured woman, inseccure in one way or another.

Reply #43164 | Report this post

bballsis  
Years ago

what does it matter what ur wearin

when ur playin ball? all that

matters is what you bring to the

court and if you left it all out

there when you leave-if that isnt

true about ur game then theres

somethin wrong and you dont love

the game.

Reply #43203 | Report this post

Oh PLEASE.. cut with the soppy sh*t bballsis!! We're talking about body suits.. not what you leave on and off the court. If it's about what your saying it's about, then what is the purpose for body suits in the first place?!?! U wanna know the purpose.. it was to expose the game to a wider audience.. a wider audience being from men or woman for that matter who only go to the game to perve on the chicks wearing them. They were not introduced to give more comfort and deff were not introduced for aero-dynamics(in which they are used for in other sports.. sprinting, rowing, cycling).. the thought of the players were not even taken into consideration when they were introduced.. it was the thought of the spectators having a better time watching. So i'll ask you this... if you want people to watch the game purely for a good game of ball.. wouldn't you want them out there watching it for that exact reason, or would you prefer their sole reason for being there.. to have a perve session. I think it's a total lack of respect for women playing the game... I'd like to think that we can get crowds out to games for other reasons, instead of crowds just to see women in lycra suits!

Reply #43340 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

it all depends on how hot the player is :P

Reply #44694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DR BS has a point

Reply #44724 | Report this post

Mr Gauvin  
Years ago

look at at it this way...

1.megan gale
2.jessica alba
3.jennifer hawkins
4.tyra banks
5.carmen electra
=HOT
1.casey donovan
2.rosanne
3.millie(sa.fm)
4.bert newton
5.schappelle corby
=NOT

the question was hot or not, it wasnt comfortable or uncomfortable
so as to whether they are aesthetically pleasing or not depends on what team and which players are involved

Reply #44995 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Well if its about hot or not this post should be deleted. Other posts that have been started about players being 'hot' have, so why shouldnt this one- this is more degrading than the others.

So mod- please delete

(Mod: It's not about players.)

Reply #45189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's peoples opinions.. let it go anon!! You party pooper!!!

Reply #45388 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Never worn a bodysuit so i can't tell you if its hot or cold...

PS: anon - get a life.

Reply #45477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great for chicks with great bods.

Should only be worn by U20 and up though.

Reply #45488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the inference here that only chicks U20 have great bods. What I have seen some of the around 30 year old chick ballers have great bods.

Reply #45511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If these body suits are of any performance benefit why don't the men wear them as they do in the sprint events in athletics?!?

Reply #45515 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I am sorry but body suits for men are wrong! Let me prove my point:

Just imagine,

Paul Rees
Michael Kingma
Willie Simmons
John Dorge
Paul Rogers
Shane Heal
Simon Kerle

All in BODY SUITS!

Too much Nutwork.

Reply #45528 | Report this post

The point is... WOMEN SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WEAR A BODY SUIT TO PLAY BASKETBALL!! Men don't, so why should women!!

Reply #45681 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

I admit that as a heterosexual male, I like watching girls play basketball in bodysuits, but the egalitarian inside me does think its a sexist exercise and offers no real benefits to the athlete.

Reply #45766 | Report this post

THANKYOU SO MUCH PICKLES HOURSEMATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally !! I respect your comment so much!! What you said has totally sumed this who foru up. The were introduced for the inccorect reason of sex appeal within women's sport rather than to the benifit of the players!! It's disrespectful!

Reply #45842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What pickles housemate has said is
1) guys like to check out the chicks no matter what they are wearing.

2) guys would like to think that bodysuits were bought in just to please them.

The beach volleyball girls wear tiny bikini bottoms because they dont want tan lines?

FWIW - bodysuits do actually have performance benefits.

Using your logic: Women shouldnt wear a sports bra to play basketball. Men don't, so why should women.

Reply #45846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are STUPID Anonymous!!!! STUPID!! WOMEN WEAR A BRA BECAUSE THEY HAVE TITTS!!!!!!!! Its just like asking "why women don't wear a jock strap when playing sport?".. it's because they don't have a dick... which is exactly what you are!!

Reply #45917 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Sports Bras are for the physiological benefit of women who don't want their breast tissue stretched/damaged, as this causes sagging breasts in later life.

Basketball bodysuits don't provide anywhere near the benefits of the sprintsuits worn by sprinters.

Sprinters desire aerodynamic benefits through the reduction of wind resistance and the elasticity of the suit gives the sprinter a mechanical boost as the suit aids the sprinters legs and arms to return to their original position.

Short duration event - minimal variety of different movement - all arms and legs.

basketball is a reactionary sport where players perform a wide variety of different skills.

Voleyballers wear the tiny bikini bottoms as when they dive they don't like the sand getting caught up in their shorts - ever had sand stick to your feet when you've got out the water???

Reply #45939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Volleyballers wear the tiny bikini bottoms as it is the sports regulation that they adopted. The only reason for it is a marketing angle. Nothing to do with sand.

Reply #45972 | Report this post

omg seriously ppl do u rly think that profesional sporting teams rly care about there image "that much" surly if they did lightning wouldnt hav changed 2 the "fella's" even if it is a sponsorship thing. if bodysuits didnt giv ne benefit to the players that wouldnt be wearing them.

Reply #45975 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

I didn't say "bodysuits didnt giv ne benefit to the players"...

what I said was that "Basketball bodysuits don't provide anywhere near the benefits..."

Reply #46000 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

I agree with the Dr it depends on who in the body suit for me. As for ABA clubs that have gone away from them dam. At least Sturt still have the right idea and the players. Now thats hot!

Reply #49108 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Get a new name!!! Stop using mine.

Reply #49119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats funny two Mr Ts ha ha

Reply #49953 | Report this post

Rolling  
Years ago

some girls look good in the body suits like the new girl playing for norwood, however others are best suited to not doning the suit.... overall though the shorts and singlet look cooler and are easier to market!!!

keep in mind some girls look hot in whatever they are clothed in.

and some girls are not

Reply #49964 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I am a basketball fan - I am also a woman - i can not for the life of me work out how these athletes can concentrate on the game when they constantly have to pull those stupid body suits, down in the legs, out at the neck, over at the shoulder, out of their butts, up under their arms.... and then be ready when the ball comes their way. I have yet to see a player completely comfortable in a body suit. Give them a great fitting pair of shorts and a slim fitting singlet and let them get on with playing the game in comfort, not rearranging themselves.

Reply #51072 | Report this post

not in my house  
Years ago

body suits there hot

Reply #51080 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Really, who does like a wedgie?

Reply #51553 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

While i'm sure that the bodysuit is great when it stops players grabbing shirts I don't think that there are any other benefits with them.
I feel sorry for those poor girls that play in them, especially if they are not correctly proportioned and have to keep pulling the shorts part back down every two minutes because their torso is longer than "average". Unless each suit is tailor made they probably aren't very comfortable.
I prefer the shorts and singlet approach, a player may grab onto your shirt but at least you are comfortable. Besides singlets make ur boobs look bigger then in a bodysuit as they're not being squished so if it's about looking attractive there's a point to think about.
In summary Bodysuits- NOT.

Reply #54541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are they still hot if guys were made to wear them?

Reply #55075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ask the girls

Reply #55082 | Report this post

Tiffany  
Years ago

I find it annoying NOT wearing a bodysuit when playing.
I mean has anyone else had the problem of playing a good D and someone grabs your waist and snags your shorts. Suddenly running back down the court on a fast break you realise that your shorts are now loose and start falling down.

Dont laugh it happened to me tonight!.

When i was playing in a bodysuit i never had that problem.

I actually know a few girls that still wear bodysuits under their current uniform because they DO hold you in place and stop chaffeidge the same way just plain bike shorts do.

I feel like a lot of the problem is a lot of the people that make comments about the suits never actually wore them.

As for the comments of riding up. think that these peoplle need to get one that actually fits in the first place. if your a size 12 and you can fit into a 10 YOUR STILL A SIZE 12 :P dont fool yourself

Reply #57912 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Neball bodysuits??? VERY HOT!

Reply #144596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think bodysuits are hot on women they show your great boobs and nice bums anyway how many of you wear g strings under your body suits and why?

Reply #233782 | Report this post

Random  
Years ago

As a guy who has worn a bodysuit before I have to say it feels nice on your skin and all around. I only wore it cause I lost a bet but I still enjoyed it although when you jump and the skirt flies up I imagine that would get annoying.

Reply #542890 | Report this post

#Digging Deep  
Years ago

lol. Someone has been digging deep into the forums.

Reply #542891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alan Grant would be proud. You went prehistoricly deep

Reply #542894 | Report this post

Random  
Years ago

So what if I am a little late and dug deep. I found this topic and read all the the comments and I think bodysuits are nice and I wish guys would wear them more often

Reply #543003 | Report this post

#Digging Deep  
Years ago

There is nothing wrong with being late. It's good to know there is someone dedicated as you.

Reply #543007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long have you had this feeling? Have you sought therapy yet?

Reply #543011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754