Unbelieveable
Years ago

BSA kill off pathway for Girls

The draw for Under 23 Women is now out

- 6 teams in Division 1
- No teams in any Division from Tigers, Centrals, Woodville and Mavericks

What a stupid decision to move Reserves to the same night as Under 23 Div 1.

It is now a mickey mouse competition and where are the girls coming out of Under 18's going to play if they do not make the reserve team of the four teams without Under 23 teams.

A big vote of no confidence in BSA!

Topic #36711 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If those clubs especially woodville developed their girls teams they wouldn't be in this position remember warriors pulled their team last season before the reserves were on same night so don't blame bsa there

Reply #521054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you are suggesting that even though BSA knew this would happen if they made this decision. And that after the clubs explained again that this was the situation. BSA shouldn't have listened to their customers and have done a great thing going ahead with a decision that weakens the pathway for girls basketball.

There is a reason our sport isn't prospering. And its our administrators and their stupidity. Which is only equalled by people who support their decisions even though they kill of the comp.

Reply #521060 | Report this post

having a look through u23 div 1 and 2 and senior women div 3-4-5 I see your predicament. No teams on offer for some clubs if they do not make reserves or premier.

All a player can do is transfer until their desired club gets a team suitable

Reply #521088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

question for you keyboard warriors is it BSA driving this as in BSA head office or is it the Commission? but again Woodville couldn't even field a youth league team last season, Southern, & Eastern were playing girls in yl, cabl and reserves, isn't that overload rather than pathways?
just playing devils advocate

Reply #521092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does it matter. Its BSA...

What they have done is force clubs to cut teams that are entry pathways for new players.

So clubs have no teams to put any new players in for the next six months. All they cam hope for is enough players to be happy to train until next season which we know won't happen.

Reply #521108 | Report this post

Unbelieveable  
Years ago

I would have thought BSA and the Commission are all one entity.

Whoever made the decision within the walls of BSA is out of touch with basketball.

Who are BSA and the CEO accountable to?

How do you facilitate change?

Reply #521112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ the issue is that for change to be made the clubs needs to unite for a vote of no confidence.

Reply #521127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs don't control BSA or the CEO.

Reply #521131 | Report this post

BSA needs a Broom  
Years ago

From what I have heard its been made quite difficult to elect to the board positions. I've heard SA country have a portion of control with election of positions as well?

Reply #521134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Admin_Documents/BSA_governance_and_operational_structure_23072014.pdf

Reply #521139 | Report this post

BSA needs a Broom  
Years ago

Does the Recreation Centre and BSA even have a partnership? I thought the Playford council pulled out of BSA went to that UK group instead?

Reply #521144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess BSA are to blame for Centrals suiting up only 6 girls in there ABA women's team last night!

Reply #521188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or for them losing by so much. might as well blame BSA for west men only suited 8, and Feagles women losing to Tigers for not clearing Jess.

Reply #521191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how did it go Tuesday?

I watched Norwood v South in the Reserves. Surely that South team had nothing to do with their ABA program. Looked like a bunch of kids and one 4O year old running around and no familiar names!

Reply #521795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply to "BSA needs a broom" - how can SA Country have control when it has only 1 member on a Board of 8???? Board positions are determined by all constituent members.

Reply #521851 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

Most of South Adelaide's PL girl's bench played U23s instead of Reserves.

Reply #521854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

by most you mean 1?

Reply #521880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754