Dazz
Years ago

Can the Perth Wildcats crack 10k members?

Apologies, this is pretty much a Cat's only thread, and I appreciate it will have little interest for the majority of posters. (Feel free to contribute, but if the best you can come up with is "Nah coz Perf suks" then maybe direct your talent elsewhere?)

Cats membership skyrocketed with the move to the Arena, and continued to climb in the first year or so. However 10k will be the target for the 3rd season, and whilst still positive, growth has slowed.

Perth's economy is not what it was a few years back, unemployment is up, salaries are down, and yet the cost of living remains high. And to top it off, our season kinda fizzled out with injuries.

The problem with trying to continue to grow memberships at this point, is that there is really nothing to offer. All the good seats are well and truly taken, so in regards to seating you might as well wait and buy tickets. If you end up missing a game or two due to illness, work, or holidays, then the savings are gone anyway.

The SF was Perth's lowest attendance for some time (possibly the lowest at PA???) Was this an aberration caused by the long-weekend and dismal prospects? Or a sign of things to come?

Topic #36721 | Report this topic

Hoopster  
Years ago

The price goes up every year, yet the product get down graded.
I'm a Captains Club Member, as part of our membership we used to have 2 functions for Captains Club Members only.
the last few years they only do 1 function now.
If this is a continuing with memberships 10k isn't going to happen I'd say.

Reply #521179 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Social memberships and part-season are a big part of clubs revenue now and are becoming more popular. Melbourne United did a good job in 'selling' their non-full season memberships so maybe Perth can do this as well. I can't see a reason why the Cats couldn't see an increase next year. Hopefully there isn't a price increase but stability is difficult these days.

Reply #521182 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The price goes up every year, yet the product get down graded.
I'm a Captains Club Member, as part of our membership we used to have 2 functions for Captains Club Members only.
the last few years they only do 1 function now.
If this is a continuing with memberships 10k isn't going to happen I'd say.

We were CC members at challenge for years. We got a pre-game function, with food and guest speaker, every game, plus a special shirt every season. Then it changed, and when we moved to the Arena we downgraded to Silver...

Reply #521184 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

you might as well wait and buy tickets. If you end up missing a game or two due to illness, work, or holidays, then the savings are gone anyway.
You'd have to miss half the games, possibly more, for walk-up tickets to be cheaper than membership.

Reply #521185 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I think they will be close to it again. I think a lot will depend on them expanding the nickel seating to make more more cheaper seats available and recruiting a high profile marquee player. Regardless of those factors, I'll be renewing my 2 memberships the day it becomes available :)

Reply #521236 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I was trying to remember what I paid for our memberships last year. I think they were around $5~600 for Silver, but memory is a bit vague for some reason. It is good value for the seats we have, but given how far back silver extends, I don't know if I'd want to shell out for NEW silver memberships?

Given they reclassified more seats as Nickel this season, it will be interesting to seat if the Silver or Bronze boundaries move, OR if they offer Nickel memberships for the first time. If they are good value, that may get them over the 10k mark.

As a "beneficiary" of the Mining Bust, this may be the first year in a while I have to look seriously at the cost of our memberships. Fortunately they offer a payment plan. :-)

Reply #521244 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Silver was about $450-480 from what I remember. Mine were in the good end of bronze which were only $330 from memory. Great value, might upgrade this year.

Reply #521337 | Report this post

NewCat  
Years ago

I would love to get membership after taking my two sons to there first games this year i know they will love it.
But what I cant work out is Silver/Bronze memeberships seem to be around the Bronze/Nickel GA seating.
So I cant see where I would be saving money.

Reply #521447 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

NewCat,
They made more seats "Nickel" during this season, and I'm not sure if they have updated the map.

Best bet is to put your name down to have them send you the next season info when it becomes available.

Bronze are the cheapest memberships available. Basically whatever is not sold in Bronze, they set aside a certain number for GA, and those beyond that are Nickel. At the end of the day, the last person to buy a Bronze membership, and the first person to buy Bronze GA will be adjacent.
You WILL save money on Bronze by buying a membership, but if you're comparing Bronze Membership to Nickel GA there may be no saving.

One thing to remember, if you plan on being a member for a while, is that they are very helpful when it comes to moving seats at the end of each season.

Reply #521478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:47 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754