Will he try for Australian Citizenship?

Reply #521178 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

No, He's trying for a Finnish citizenship

Reply #521201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most hated to most loved in one season!! Should bring up some old forum topics people?

Reply #521203 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I don't consider him "Most loved" by any stretch. The guy still would rather throw up a 3 with 2 defenders on him than pass it to the open man. He would rather dribble in traffic than get the ball across the court. He has a lot of talent, but not a great team mentality or basketball IQ.

Reply #521206 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

"Should bring up some old forum topics people?"

Exactly....how many times was Jamar the focus of Hoops negativity.

Calling him a budget import.
Calling him a stats hog.
Even accusing him of making Gibbo's game worse.

I am glad the Sixers organisation recognises what the 'most knowledgeable fans' could not see.

Without Jamar pushing the ball and keeping the defence on their toes, the Sixers would have a Townsville win/loss record.

The Sixers would do well to offer Jamar what he wants for another 1-2 years.

Reply #521208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has a divisive style like Westbrook which is very easy to hate on.

Through part of the losing streak he really did over dribble and seemed to ignore Motum.

He was also the main reason for the winning streak.

Reply #521209 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Marcus Camby, he was all of those things. He simply got chewed out and told to adjust his game, he did so and the results came quickly, hence people had no reason to 'hate' and were able to support.

Reply #521222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stop feeding the troll kobe24

Reply #521227 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The hate started the moment it was rumoured he would be signed and ran long and hard. Some of it was fair enough, most of it was just the standard negativity we get from some 36ers fans.

He had an outstanding year and was at his best when the team was functioning well, something it took the whole team adjusting what they were doing in some way to achieve.

Reply #521230 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Jamar Wilson is a very good player who is prone to selfish play and brain farts. Simple as that. When he is on, he is great for the team. When he is off, he brings everyone else down.

Reply #521232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to Jamar for turning his game around about mid-season. Still should be more of a pass first PG with all the offensive weapons we have but a very good second half of the season after the talking to by coach.

Reply #521233 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He's an extremely talented player, with glaring weaknesses.
I was one of the 'haters' in the first half of the season. I don't take any of it back. Because at the time, all of those criticisms were factual and justified. Over the top? Probably. But they were genuine criticisms.
He improved in a lot of areas as the season went on. You can dispute it if you want, but it's true.
He's a player that will get tunnel vision and force the drive and hope far too often, rather than looking for the best option. It's his default mindset with ball in hand. He improved on this. Still prone to it at times, but was picking his spots a lot better by the end of the season.
By season end, he was easily deserving of MVP. Because he was, at the end of the day, our best and most consistent player (except maybe Motum, who wasn't here all year).
As anon said, he was a big reason for our early season success (lack thereof, and wasn't all him, but definitely a fair portion) and also just as big a reason for our later season success (actual). His play was probably one of the overriding differences between the good Sixers and the bad Sixers.

Reply #521267 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Wilson was easily their best player ALL season.
All this dribble about him responding to criticism and "turning his game around" are simply clumsy attempts to justify some fans undeserved harping when they were losing. What exactly are you guys claiming he changed???
From my observation about the only thing he changed was improving his D, which the whole team did anyway.

Reply #521272 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dazz from those in the know, Wilson was at odds with himself wanting to pass and include his team mates. It was coach who kept telling him your a shooter so shoot. So the responsibility should be shared. Even Wilson saw and was concerned. many of us regular members thought the last 2 games reverted back to the Wilson game from the first 3rd of the season with Wilson over dribbling taking on bigs too deep against the defensive strength of NZ that is not a good idea when you are so short and they have got your measure and you or the coach don't change it up. Unfortunately that cuts everyone else out of the game and the offence became stagnant. Parallel to this change back to predictability from Jamar, Motum obviously couldn't finish off as his jump was hampered by his calf obviously not being 100%. Plenty of shots up but not quite there. NZ was beatable by the Sixer team 2 weeks prior. Thats sport. We now also here that DJ has a problem and just had surgery so was he not right either. I didn't understand why Evekwe went up in the jump ball against motum instead of luke giving us the advantage or even DJ. I don't recal Motum winning many jumps all season and thats on the coach. I still don't think Wilson was 100% the MVP but by his mere presence and the negative effect and knowing the rest of the team may have been able to give the same outcome with their offence (remember they had amazing games without him with Teys and Gibbo) Wilson is the choice. I still want more stats on defence as Wilson would score poorly. So fans concerns are justified and they do know the game but look from a different perspective. Maybe theirs is right and the Sixers may have won if the concerns Wilson had himself were taken in to account. I give the 2 losses to the coaching group, not the players. Happy if he moves on and the men get to regroup and back to being a TEAM. Get a hot scorer but someone with some more height and defensive presence and much better court vision. Too many times Mitch Gibbo Peach and others were sitting pretty hands ready for the pass and you could see their frustration towards Wilson at that moment. Give the same situation to the rest of the team the ball would have exchanged hands. Instead the ball was turned over. Those little niggles in games changes the mindset of the team.

Reply #521287 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Anon above.You are clearly a Wilson "hater" with no idea of the game. Anyone who thinks you should change your starting line-up to win the jump ball has no idea. With alternating possession it is the single most irrelevant part of the game.

Reply #521293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754