Elwers
Years ago

Standerfer best import by far in D1Men

Is there a better import than Corey Standerfer in D1men, there is plenty of great players at the moment in this league but he is an out and out star. watched him play last week and dropped the easiest 40 points I have seen, could have scored 60 if he wanted to be more selfish.

Topic #36792 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure why a SCM standard player went to a D1 team, i guess money is more important than the standard you play at for some players.

Reply #522707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who does he play for? Where is he from? Where has he played before? What position does he play?

Reply #522709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish he had stayed at Bulleen.

Reply #522710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey is an import playing at Chelsea. Ben Simmons half brother, other son of Dave Simmons.

Reply #522716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey is a very good import but is very selfish and as already said a money chaser rather than someone who wants to play/challenge himself at the highest level possible. Nothing wrong with that but not a guy you want around your juniors to develop and teach good habits.

Reply #522718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Dave Simmons is his dad could he get an Aussie passport?

Reply #522722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don`t know about that, I seen him do a lot with the juniors at Chelsea and was down there at the domestic finals games on Monday spreading the love and mixing it up with kids.

Reply #522723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave Simmons probably is a US citizen still isn`t he?

Reply #522724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's good. Very good. It's interesting to see some of these imports drop down from Champ to D1, SEABL to Champ etc.

Also keep an eye on JL Lewis from Shepparton. Kid was good last year in D2 but from all reports put in a huge summer and seeing him last week just looks like a 20 & 20 guy.

Reply #522729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has to do a lot with the juniors, he is paid to do so. Doesn't mean he should be around the juniors. The guy only sees basketball as a job hence the reason why every year the guy sends out an email to every coach chasing the money at a different association. True story.

Reply #522730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JL Lewis is a guy I like. Solid team first import. should be playing SCM next season.

Reply #522731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball is actually a job for him. I believe he is also a dad so he has obligations and commitments. He has to follow the money and good on him for being able to scratch a living out of a sport that in this country pays next to nothing.

Reply #522735 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Calvin Henry is still the best import in Div 1

Reply #522748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JL is the best hands down

Reply #522777 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I'm a Calvin Henry fan.Gets it done week in week out and great guy off the court.

Reply #522781 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Corey is excellent with the kids and takes his coaching personally and seriously. He mightn't be of the Pat Rafter ilk, but to make him out as a bad person, or anything less than a decent person, is plain wrong from my experience.

Reply #522783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not as good as henry. That's according to achievements in various leagues across the globe and stats from last season. Also in the finals standerfer choked went 4 of 19 from the field.

Reply #522813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2014 stats standerfer 26.4 ppg at 40.5% 9.1 reb 2.8 ass

Henry 27.3 ppg at 54.3% 11.2 reb 2.8 ass

Reply #522814 | Report this post

Elwers  
Years ago

I know some at Chelsea and they reckon he is trying to get settled with his child and is really happy where he is as being a parent is major priority and they are looking after him with vehicle, home and wages. Also said he is at the club taking individuals, running camps, school clinics, coaching domestic and just hanging around helping where he can. Sounds a good gig to me and one of the nicest men you could meet to boot.

Reply #523024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JL Lewis wins the league MVP and probably settles all arguments !!

Reply #551394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats JL

Reply #551454 | Report this post

Janice  
Years ago

I personally know Corey & know many of the struggles that many posters here do not. He has a heart of gold & has always been a gentle giant. He's doing what he loves & I'm most proud to call him MY SON! He has had a hard road- & unless you know the details at Chelsea- you can't talk! He is now a father- to the most beautiful little boy- in Australia. He has a passion for what he is doing, loves the kids in the league & is a great deal smarter- having some bad experiences since he came to Australia. He wouldn't change a thing however & has overcome many bad situations! He WILL continue to do great things there. How many people can really say they get paid to do what they love???!!!!

Reply #556467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many actually...................

Reply #556512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Random late reply....must been doing some Google work on your son.

Reply #556518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey should be playing SCM or higher.

Reply #556660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754