LC
Years ago

CJ Bruton to coach Brisbane Spartans in SEABL

It was no secret to anyone that NBL stalwart CJ Bruton wanted to stay in the game once he hung up his kicks after the 2013/14 NBL season.

The six-time NBL champion, which included playing for six NBL clubs after being drafted in the 1997 NBA draft has taken up the role of head coach for SEABL men's team, the Brisbane Spartans.

CJ Bruton: Taking the next step

How do most people think he will go from player to coach? I think he will be great for the Spartans.

Topic #36797 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Great, I think he can do almost anything when it comes to basketball, look forward to watching how it all develops.

Reply #522818 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He did pretty well in his brief coaching debut in Puerto Rico, and he has effectively been a playing-coach for a few years, so I think he'll go well despite some growing pains here and there.

Reply #522823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaching is a whole another world. Just ask D-Mac.
No guarantees when moving from playing to coaching. Gotta be prepared to put in long hours and be a psychologist.

Reply #522883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:00 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754