Billy Hoyle
Years ago

Andrews Harrison comments re: Frank Kaminsky

Wanted to get people's thoughts on this following the press conference after the Wildcats / Badgers game. In particular, Harrisons comment about Kaminsky.
Mountain out of a mole hill ?
Or Harrison "let off" too easy ?

Topic #36859 | Report this topic

m  
Years ago

I would say that if it was the other way round the punishment may have been much worse.

Reply #523979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not very professional Andrew..
Gives you an insight into the guys personality..
No one likes a sore loser.

Reply #523980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, he got straight on twitter and issued a fairly considered apology. Given his age and the emotion of the situation, it's not a great look but it's understandable and forgivable in my book.

Reply #523982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to whinge about considering the refs looked after Kentucky.

Reply #523991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anything, hurts his draft stock for a few NBA teams worried about character.

Also, agree with the comment above, if it was the other way around with the players it would of been a bigger story.

Frank just showed class brushing it off.

Reply #523998 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

If this was the other way around, it'd probs end Frank the Tanks career before it really gets started. Nothing to this, players talk shit, smart players don't do it with a mic infant of them is all!!!

Reply #524002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about that guy who said the reporter was hot lol.

Reply #524003 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Media training can't fix bad attitude and disrespect.

I hate how Calipari says "these kids are young..they make mistakes etc" (his response to the Harrison comments). They're 19/20 for crying out loud - they are adults.

Plenty of sportsman who are 19/20 get interviewed/face media in Australia/NZ - NRL, Super Rugby, Football - and this stuff doesn't happen.

I just think its disgusting that Calipari is always quick to use their age as an excuse.

Reply #524056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They might be legally adults but young men always have and always will do and say stupid things. Hell, people in their 40's still say stupid things. Why do we expect an athlete to be held to a much higher standard? The guy has apologised and this is making a massive issue out of nothing.

Reply #524067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

plenty do and plenty don't stupid things. There are 40 year old coaches who say stupid shit too.

Reply #524069 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Saying its one issue. Yes we all mistakes.

My point was more centered around the fact that Calipari shouldn't use age as an excuse.

They're adults. Treat them like adults.

Reply #524071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok, treat them like adults. He said it, copped some grief for it, then apologised. Shall we also act like adults and move on?

Reply #524077 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Except this is a forum. The very purpose of a forum is to converse and discuss events - which is what were doing.

Reply #524233 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754