DDOSS
Years ago

What Happened To Vince Carter?

How come VC stopped begin... well VC, I mean i'm not talking about now, because I know he's old. But before when he wasn't and he just stopped doing the coolest dunks

Topic #36894 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He still does the odd cool dunk

Reply #524743 | Report this post

sanity  
Years ago

when he was in Toronto, he stopped doing heaps of in game flashy dunks because he didnt want to be seen as a one dimensional player
hence why in one year he lead the league in 3pt attempts and misses
the Toronto fans ultimately boo'd him out of Tdot and into the arms of new jersey
ironically in the playoffs he hit cold blooded 3s, some in buzzerbeater fashion in a series against Toronto ultimately eliminating them from the playoffs one year

Reply #524747 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

VC has done a great job in redefining his role and extending his career though. Look at other stars in his time, not many left... he still throws down the odd poster though!

Reply #524748 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Dude's 38 years old, what are you expecting? That dunk at the Olympics was 15 years ago.

Reply #524779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been watching the NBA for 25 years and I've never seen a player as close to Michael Jordan was as early 2000's era Vince Carter.

All that stopped him from being the 2nd best of all-time was his lack of heart and killer instinct.

Reply #524783 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He is old. His body is old. He has actually done a unbelievable job at staying effective at is age on a quality teams.

Reply #524795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Jordan? 2nd best of all time?
OMG I see someone has lost the plot.
Vince has had a very nice career for sure but let's not get carried away. Oops too late.

Reply #524798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dude is like 38 now.

Reply #524805 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Whatever happened to Bill Russell? He use to be so athletic for a bigman and such a good defender, but these days he barely looks like he could jog from the baseline to the free throw line?

Reply #524936 | Report this post

DDOSS  
Years ago

if you had actually read what I said, I said that now I know why he isn't, but a few years back in Toronto is what i was wondering
Fucking anonymous retards, they need to learn to read every thing before talking shit about someones questions. And for the non anon's I was hoping you guys wouldn't be straight up fucktards and actually read every thing...
*sigh*

Reply #524974 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The answer is the same.... when he was in his early to late 20s he was an amazing athlete. Next couple of years, he was an excellent athlete who still threw down the occasional amazing slam. When you get older, it's not quite as effortless to get up there. Look at LeBron now. He has the odd big slam still, but compared to even 12 months ago, he's clearly showing the signs of age.

Reply #525104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDOSS you crack me up

Reply #525119 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754