Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League 17/4/15

We should be talking up this league whoever was at port tonight were treated to two excellent and exciting games of basketball.

Women's game was enthralling with North stealing it at the end. West played their game of the season and should be able to take a lot from it starting Keeley Pearce and Alice Gee paid off, and although spent at the end and very out of breathe, Gee controlled the tempo for west and almost stole the upset win. North's experience in closing out big games got them the win.

Men's game didn't disappoint, Crawford the difference in the end, Spud only scored 5 points but what points they were, keeping west with their nose in front of a fast finishing rockets outfit.

Outstanding basketball and your local stadium. Poor crowd, but those that were there shouldn't be disappointed with the quality of basketball on show tonight.

Topic #36920 | Report this topic

Years ago

Sturt v Norwood Men's game was great to watch too. Tight, plenty of talent on display, good team work offensively and defensively.
Crowd numbers were fair. ...

Reply #525264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, 2 great games, North mens turnovers cost them in the end.
Full credit to West, played hard & fast basketball, pressured North all the way.

Reply #525265 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

How come Sims didn't play for Eagles?

Reply #525277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reported and suspended I believe, heard he got reported last year and had four matches hanging over his head on a good behaviour bond, when reported this year and give a two game suspended sentence the four matches from last year had to be served.

Reply #525278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He got reported last year for running through a Norwood huddle and elbowing someone. He never played another game for Woodville as they parted ways with him after that.

Reply #525284 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Well I'm not sure about "North's experience in closing out big games got them the win." As Jo HIll scored the last 14 points for North to add to a couple of steals and rebounds I think you could say Jo's experience got them the win...….

Reply #525285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benn McDonald reporting ref, Conflict of interest?

Reply #525290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peros in career form!

Reply #525294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a much improved bearcats women coming off a woodville hiding last week. still have carbo to add to the team i believe

Reply #525295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big game for South women tonight otherwise questions will have to be raised on the decision to have Boti as the assistant

Reply #525302 | Report this post

Eddie  
Years ago

Interesting observation about Daniel Sims and his suspended 4 game suspension. His on court indiscretion this year occurred at Marden in Round 3, yet he played Round 4 against Sturt, which was a full 2 weeks in between games. Yes, Easter was in between, but still 8 working days to deal with the matter. He only incurred 2 fouls, but racked up 26 points against Sturt, who finished 20 points behind Forestville. Then he allegedly is suspended from Round 5. What would the outrage be at other State Level sports, if a player commits an indiscretion with a suspension hanging over their head, but is allowed to play another game and turn in an arguably result changing performance, and garnish possible votes for MVP, before commencing the suspension. I feel it is a very conservative body running the operations at Basketball SA. Money is always an object, but not having a proper adjudication process in place to me is the biggest detriment to having a successful operation.

Reply #525367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very good point - any report should be dealt with the Monday or Tuesday after the game then tribunal held by at least the Wednesday.

Reply #525370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 5302

How can you blame Boti.

Ther Club needs to look at its decision to reappoint Vicki.

Reply #525372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boti was desperate to coach southern a few years ago as he didn't rate willie. Fucki did alright last year with pretty much the same group, what's changed??? I tell you one daughters court time has diminished and old mate boti would have the knives out, like he does for most coaches not named boti

Reply #525400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummm Mahony has been limited. Oh and they don't have an All-Star 5 import like last year. Makes a lot of difference.

Reply #525402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

27% shooting for tigers women today and both teams having 30 turnovers, ugly basketball

Reply #525414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Men's game at Southern was a none contest. Don't let the 12pt margin fool you Woodville could of won by 40 but cleared the bench in the 3rd qtr. Southern won garbage time. 27 assists on 33 field goals is some solid team work by the Warriors.

Reply #525438 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anyone know why Sam Johns isn't playing for Southern? And is Peter Crawford playing for West?

Reply #525459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam johns injured told to not play by sixers

Reply #525460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PC played for West on Friday night, impressive debut

Reply #525465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South women could never replace Janae Howard from last year and to think differently is ridiculous. All Star Five and MVP.

Vicki's 5th year and last year was the only time they have finished higher than bottom 2 which is where they will finish this year.

Should last years finals finish b credited to the the coach or Janae!

Reply #525469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at Souths team, full of players from other clubs and none of them were stars, yet Vicki has had no choice to recruit these players as the junior development at South in the girls is rubbish! Does the under 18 div 1 coach still have the girls playing musical chairs at trainings?

Reply #525498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker will be gone at the end of season, players wanted him gone last year but for the ridiculous contract he was signed to by previous leadership

Reply #525499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do clubs afford both NBL players and imports on the same team??

Reply #525575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #525576 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

I am frustrated at the supposed rebrand bringing more and yet the media side is well down on last year. Reporting only on select games, etc.. Disappointed thats for sure. Waste of money rebranding.

Reply #525594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mod it's not sniping if telling the truth

Reply #525673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

score boards worked for court 1 and 3 tonight

Reply #525675 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

But could they be seen and could the spectators see the teams play without risking falling on the court from height or going home with a sore neck !!!

Reply #525681 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

675 are you saying that central roof scoreboard displays court 1 & 3 scores?

if not, the debacle continues, Coaches and team bench blissfully unaware of scores or time.

Premier league...far from it

Reply #525697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes Cat, court 1 & 3 score boards shown on cube visible for team benches on those courts. no walking out on court to see the score board

Reply #525699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is tucker the worst ABL coach in recent memory???

Reply #526983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't Tucker who lost the game on sat night, a tech and an unsportsmanlike from bad behaved players lost it. when you lose by a point and you give up 3 shots and two possessions.....not the coach just saying.

Reply #527009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm..isn't the coach ultimately responsible for player behaviour. He can sub those guys out.

Reply #527014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Subbed the TF out and didn't play him much not much you can do with a USF in the last few seconds, he did however sub him out as well, well actually he fouled out but he came out of the game. The TF was poor behaviour the USF was a brain fade can't blame the coach from that. Without Sam Johns and Brandon Gleaves played limited minutes cause he was injured, was first sub out of game, why are you blaming the coach?

Reply #527019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoyed the Woodville v Norwood men's game. I've seen Norwood play a few times in the past couple of years, and my question is are they always so undisciplined and dirty? Is this discouraged by the coach or is it part of their culture?

Also I thought the Woodville coach thoroughly outcoached the Norwood coach on the night.

Reply #527090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Part of their culture on the mens side

Reply #527134 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

A quick Bump, especially for Anonymous 525469!!!!

6 straight wins for the Lady Panthers, including defeating 2nd ranked North Adelaide last night. Playing as a Team and getting good contributions from a lot of players.

Reply #529172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who Me - please don't feed the trolls, their basketball is doing the talking and that's all that's needed

Reply #529174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did they go tonight :-)

Reply #529525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how come Emma Hooley didn't play much tonight?

Reply #529535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

recovering from injury

Reply #529544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Who Me. Still think South are better without Janae Howard. How is your team work going now you've lost 5 in a row.

Reply #534609 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754