Anonymous
Years ago

Will Foxtel have 8 Olympic channels in 2016?

Does anyone know if Foxtel will have 8 dedicated Channels to the 2016 Rio Olympic Games? (Like they did with the 2012 London Olympics).

I realise Channel 7 will cover the Olympics too but will Foxtel replicate what they did in 2012?

It may be our only chance of watching every Australian Boomers games live on television (at least in full)

Topic #36932 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

I suspect Foxtel won't get the Olympics

Reply #525502 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I sure hope so, Channel 7 coverage sucks!

Reply #525504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep channel 7 does suck.

If they get exclusive rights, expect to see about 2 minutes of every Boomers games

Reply #525505 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

More like 30 seconds

Reply #525507 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Chanel 7 has the exclusive rights to the Olympics (not even SBS is getting a gig as the secondary broadcaster), so it's highly, highly doubt foxtel will get any channels.

I recall a newspaper article late last year stating Channel 7 will use 7Two and 7Mate along with its new streaming service to provide additional content.

Reply #525515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps some hope:

http://screen.artshub.com.au/news-article/news/television/david-tiley/seven-olympics-deal-whip-hand-with-foxtel-245201

Reply #525528 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

It was fortunate at the last Olympics in London that the BBC had a fantastic website that showed all the games in full. (You just had to use a proxy so it looked like you were in the UK).
I expect free to air for Rio to be abysmal as usual and can only hope the Brazilians have a site that allows you to watch. Commentators may not be up to the BBC standard though.

Reply #525539 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I am sure there will have to be joint coverage with somebody. How would we find out?

Reply #525586 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Who were the olympics with last year? I am sure we will all find a way to see all of it one way or another.

Reply #525588 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Who were the olympics with last year? I am sure we will all find a way to see all of it one way or another.

Reply #525589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754