Dazz
Years ago

How much do you pay for your membership?

Got our Cats renewal recently. Ouch.

We have the problem that since one of my kids is now in year 12, and the other already at Uni (full-time), family membership is out the window and we have to buy four full-priced memberships.
To top it off, prices have risen AGAIN. At $560 each its getting to be too much, especially for Silver.

Personally, I worry that the Cats' management have lost the plot...
When they moved to the Arena, Perth was still riding the tail of the Boom. There was plenty of money to splash around. Now 3~4 years later, Perth is bust. Unless you're a salaried employee on a basic award salary, (so not making much to begin with) incomes have gone DOWN for the last few years, yet prices keep going up.

I think this may be the first year that memberships actually DECREASE. There's less money around, prices have gone up, and if you're a prospective new member there's not much value in a NEW Silver membership.

That said, I'd like to know what others are paying, maybe I am just a "spoilt Perth fan"?

NB: Silver seats are the mid-range bulk of the seating. There are better options; Courtside, Gold, Captains Club,
and then there are the nose-bleed Bronze memberships.

Topic #36944 | Report this topic

garvs  
Years ago

"At $560 each its getting to be too much, especially for Silver."

It's $399 for renewing members...

If you had a family membership and now can not use the child seats I am sure if you talk to them they would surely give you the old child seats for the $399 price. (but don't quote me on that! that's only my opinion)

Reply #525804 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

What's the boom got to do with it? Not every person that lives in wa works in the mines

Reply #525807 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"At $560 each its getting to be too much, especially for Silver."

It's $399 for renewing members...

If you had a family membership and now can not use the child seats I am sure if you talk to them they would surely give you the old child seats for the $399 price. (but don't quote me on that! that's only my opinion)

Waiting to hear back on that.
I may have misread the requirements, but even at $400 bucks, its a big step up from a family membership.

Just curious what other teams charge?

Reply #525811 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Gold section in 36ers isnt even near silver for the Wildcats. I think I paid high $300's?

Reply #525820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth ticket and membership prices are based on what it costs them to run their club, not anecdotal evidence of everyone in the state taking massive paycuts.

Reply #525830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely the most sensible and fair pricing model for Peth Wildcats tickets is to index the cost directly to the iron ore price.

Reply #525837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct. It went up 5% overnight so sorry Dazz, your family pass just went up again.

Reply #525838 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Pre-commited for Crocs membership at $298. $179 to $417 per adult for upper section at the swamp.

Reply #525851 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

$241.50 for Cairns early-bird membership in the cheap seats. But our cheap seats are still pretty good.

Reply #525870 | Report this post

GTS  
Years ago

I have Platinum membership at Taipans
Front row seats behind staticians
$598.50 with Early bird discount =$42.75 game

Reply #525919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm, I pay $999 to renew my Captain's Club seats at Perth Arena. I'm behind the statisticians too, but not immediately behind them. About 20 metres behind them I reckon thanks to the walkway behind them that's the width of the Santa Monica Freeway and then the several rows of corporate seating that come next. Mind you I do get an exclusive Captain's Club polo shirt every season so that makes up for it.

Reply #525922 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Nobody's forcing you to sit there, Anon.

$241.50 for Cairns early-bird membership in the cheap seats. But our cheap seats are still pretty good.
Yeah, you've probably still got better seats than Dazz does. Silver at PA wouldn't start until further back than the last row at CCC.

Reply #525941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Surely the most sensible and fair pricing model for Peth Wildcats tickets is to index the cost directly to the iron ore price."
Agreed.

"https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/27173793/wildcats-take-risk-on-fee-rise/"

"The last thing West Australians want is for the Perth Wildcats to follow the fortunes of other clubs," Mr Marvin said. "We still have to stay afloat."
Good on ya Mr Marvin.

Reply #525946 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

To be honest, the increase on the basic price isn't huge, but its still an increase. This is justified on the basis of "costs are increasing," but why?
For years we've had to put up with the cost of EVERYTHING constantly going up in Perth, primarily because labour costs and rentals kept going up. There was a time when you could have walked straight of the plane, into the first shop you saw, and got a job. Not any more. Unemployment is up, labour costs are down, the real estate bubble has burst, "costs" should be coming DOWN.

Perth ticket and membership prices are based on what it costs them to run their club,

Bzzz, Wrong, give the man a gold stick-pin.

Prices are based on what people will pay.

Whether I renew my four seats won't kill the Cats either way. What matters is how many people are prepared to pay in total, and that's where I'm a little concerned.

Our seats are pretty good, as we were amongst the first to pre-buy Arena Memberships. At the discounted price they're worth keeping, although I'm not sure about all four.
But for new members? at $560? Not sure its that attractive. They've gone up $100.

Reply #525951 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I think it's going to be interesting to see how the Wildcats membership levels go this season. I expect a decrease, as last season's surge was built on the back of a championship and a player that truly delivered on his marquee hype.
I don't know that this past season, which was not nearly as entertaining or memorable IMO, is going to sustain all those people. Mind you, there's still plenty of time to sign someone who people can get excited about, so it's not like anything is set in stone.
The economic situation will factor into it too as others have mentioned. Will probably hit the Cats harder in the corporate box area than the general public I'm guessing. Lots of businesses really feeling the strain right now.

Whether the Cats are hugely profitable or just a bit profitable is probably the least of the league's worries right now anyway. Elsewhere the news seems to be fairly positive, and that's where it matters now IMO.

Reply #525953 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Whether the Cats are hugely profitable or just a bit profitable is probably the least of the league's worries right now anyway. Elsewhere the news seems to be fairly positive, and that's where it matters now IMO.

To be honest, the Cats could afford to scale back a bit, thus lessening the gap, and that would be good for the league

Reply #526211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$0 as not going to be a victim of price gouging :)

Reply #526556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bzzz, Wrong, give the man a gold stick-pin.

Prices are based on what people will pay."

Really, Dazz? The Cats don't factor any overheads in to their pricing? Wow, who knew?!

I'm also amazed at your economic theories that as soon as there is a downturn in the economy (perceived or otherwise) then all prices must drop instantly. Brilliant!

Reply #526564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, FMG just laid off 700 people. I went to the coffee shop straight after hearing that but they hadn't dropped their prices yet. Give it a day or so, yeah?

Reply #526570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754