mystro
Years ago

OKC fire Coach Scott Brooks

Like the title says, OKC has fired Coach Scott Brooks.

OKC fans talking about how their stars are injured this season but I know a lot of people who have been calling for this move for the past 3 years so it is very unlikely it was a tear jerk reaction to missing the playoffs in a season derailed by injuries to key personnel.

Other fans have said this will be the end for Westbrook and Durant but I find it highly unlikely that both players were not involved with the GM in making this decision, especially Durant who is quickly approaching free agency.

Any ideas on possible replacements (bare in mind the coach of UCONN isn't interested), UK's Callapari, Mark Jackson?

Topic #36946 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

There's also talk of Billy Donovan from Florida being interested. To be honest despite the press release from him and UConn, I wouldn't rule out Ollie yet. Mike Malone is out there and would be a decent fit. I bet George Karl is spewing he went to Sacramento now, would've been a good fit. Also talks of Atlanta's assistant and Indiana's assistant being interested.

To be honest there aren't that many really good coaches available at the moment. Unless the Bulls and Thibedeau part ways I wouldn't say there's an easy upgrade.

Reply #525823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They tried to be clever and trade Harden - shouldn't have done it. Sam Presti has a lot to answer for.

Reply #525826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought harden had requested because he wanted to move out of the shadows and if he didn't get traded would've walked.

Reply #525827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope, Harden didn't request the trade. As far as he knew they were in the negotiation stages of his new deal, and they weren't that far apart in terms of dollars when OKC just pulled the pin.

Reply #525828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach Brooks should go to Orlando. He has shown he can develop talented players to a certain level.

Reply #525836 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Chicago coach will move there next year.... really good fit and one of the best coaches available

Reply #525839 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Harden was demanding a max contract despite being 6th man and thunder weren't keen on that. Harden actually turned down a near max contract. Because of that they chose ibaka who was also up for a new contract.

Reply #525846 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

pfffft to the Harden whingers, get over it.
OKC has 2x of the best scorers in the game already and Harden couldn't defend a chair.

Reply #525859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754