Train
Years ago

Wildcats Chasing Matt Nielson as Assistant Coach

"The Perth Wildcats are understood to be sounding out former Boomers captain Matt Nielsen about joining the club as an assistant coach next season in a potential coup for the NBL powerhouse."

Not sure if Perth needs another assistant coach but he would be a welcomed addition to the team.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/basketball/a/27282099/wildcats-could-sign-long-time-boomer/

Topic #36952 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

What happened to his good mate Paul Woolpert?

Reply #525895 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Woolpert got axed at the end of last season. They still a few assistants left, even without Nielson.

Reply #525900 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Well they lost one assistant coach to the new Lynx WNBL team.

Reply #525901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andy Stewart went the previous season.

Reply #525902 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Is Matty still involved with the Spurs?

Would of course be crazy to not take up the WIldcats offer either way, would much rather develop his skills under Trev!

Reply #525903 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

pretty good....and joe ingles coaching here at the moment...adelaide thundrbirds

Reply #525910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have nothing to contribute. I just wanted to be the first person in the thread to spell Nielsen correctly.

Reply #525911 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

^^ hahaha my bad

Reply #525924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They could sack 5 Assts and save money ;)

Reply #525926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How dare you suggest they cut staff to save money?!? How do you know those poor assistants coaches aren't just uni students helping out part time or on game day? ;p

Reply #525929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Idiot.

Reply #525931 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I saw Matty a few weeks ago on a Spurs video where they were running a few drills. Hard to see him take up an assistant's gig with the NBL in shambles when he has some sort of foot in the door over there.

Reply #525937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if they sign another assistant coach how much will my membership cost then?

Reply #526017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a great pick up for the Wildcats,

But why would anyone want to leave the Spurs?? (i wouldnt advise anyone to leave that club) Are the Wildcats offering significantly more money?? or is he just keen to come home??

Reply #526019 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

How come Matt isn't on the official list of Assistant Coaches? Do they have a development list as well somewhere? It doesn't look like he has his foot in the NBA door. Brett Brown probably just organised a one season deal. He's never coached before. If the Cats' offer is a decent opportunity, (money not major important) I'd take it. And BTW, Ingles worked in a couple of training sessions for his fiancé. Not training atall.

Reply #526192 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754