Hoopster
Years ago

Leonard DPOY

Peoples thoughts? Lots of deserving candidates. Personally thought kawhi missed too many games to win it but definitely deserved it. Had fewer first place votes that draymond green which was interesting. Thought khris Middleton not getting a single vote was surprising.

Topic #36960 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Leonard is the best defensive player in the game with his ability to guard PGs-PFs and start the spurs offence with a steal, block or rebound, but I agree that I thought he missed too many games to be named the best defensive player this season.

It's a weird one as the media vote on it. See the Memphis reporter give Tony Allen the 1st Place (5 vote).

Reply #525967 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I think the problem is that a lot of the guys voting on these awards have done so for the last 40 years. I don't know how many games they're watching... In my opinion Draymond Green and D.J. were far superior defenders this season.

Reply #525968 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Kawhi by far the best defender in the league. Leaps and bounds ahead of everyone bar Draymond.

Agreed though that he missed a few games too many maybe, but still deserved. Also agree that it's odd that Khris Middleton didn't get acknowledged, had a great season.

Reply #526020 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

No surprise here.

Reply #526021 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Its a stupid system, I would rather it be voted on by the coaches, who see every player first hand and actually have to try and deal with and beat the great defenders

Reply #526057 | Report this post

Grizz21  
Years ago

It is a stupid system. I don't see how it can even possible that people like Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol can win DPOY and then not make the All-Defensive 1st Team.

Reply #526174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree it needs to be changed. Even the players getting a 5-3-1 voting system each. Stupid the media picks it. As someone said, Tony Allen picking up a first place by a local media person then barely scoring again how's the systems flawed.

Reply #526179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754