Curious
Years ago

Premier league -Anzac Day

I decided to go to the Premier League games on Anzac Day. I was a bit uncertain about the concept but had a brilliant afternoon at Hillcrest although we went down in the last seconds. Do people think this should become a tradition?

Topic #36984 | Report this topic

Rock  
Years ago

Woodville did a good job with it

Reply #526450 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't get to the Woody game to support my team as at the March where we should all be supporting the diggers and reels marching, not going to a game at 1.15.. Should have been evening games on Anzac day..

Reply #526471 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Evening games would have competed with 50000 people at Adelaide Oval

Reply #526477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then don't have an Anzac Day match. Have the games on Sunday for this weekend. Its all about planning... Oh I get it now..... My mistake....

Suggestion.. next year if there is Footy on the afternoon of Anzac day, have all games the 2 nights before.. There would be no district on the Friday as school holidays or Sat arvo and Sat night. Can still show respect and do the Anzac minutes silence and Anthem. But then we can all go to the march and truly show respect to the few living survivors of service in wars whilst they are still alive rather than hide away in stadiums. I will never attend a game and miss Anzac Service and March. It is disrespectful and I will watch it to the last group makes it to the cross of remembrance in honour of those in our state who contributed and continue to contribute to our freedom. Some that march may not return from service os in the future so the least we can do is show our support.

Reply #526506 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754