Anonymous
Years ago

Is www.livebasketball.tv/ worth having?

I was considering subscribing to www.livebasketball.tv/

Is it worth having?

The only reason I want it is to watch the Australian Boomers v NZ series in August and to watch all of the Boomers games in full at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Do they stream both of these events?
Is it good quality and reliable? Or is it a similar crap version, like NBL.tv?

I remember having it for about a month, many years ago and tried to watch a few events and I was wasn't able to watch any because it said it was "geoblocked" any idea what that means?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Topic #37003 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

Geoblocked generally means that due to your location the game can't be shown. i.e. TV rights etc. use a VPN to get around it.

Reply #526787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May I ask what VPN is?

Reply #526800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly you can ask them if they will geoblock any games in a particular event (eg. Australian National team games in Rio geoblocked in Australia ?).

I use livebasketball to watch Euroleague and given the quality of basketball in playoffs, definitely worth it.

VPN is a paid full security service on internet to hide your location and more so that they can't identify you.

There are also free proxy servers that hide/change your location and that is all you need to avoid geoblocking.

Check out publicproxyservers.com

Reply #526819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I use Ipvansih about $12 per month works fine.

Reply #527011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754