Isaac
Years ago

Breakers extend Mika Vukona for three years

NBL champions the New Zealand Breakers have handed captain Mika Vukona a new three-year deal.

The 32-year-old five-time NBL championship-winner, who is playing on a short-term contract with Acea Victus Roma in Italy, said he had other options on the table but opted to stay put.

"This is not my last contract or my last deal. I have so much more I want to achieve and do in the game, this is just the next contract," Vukona said.

Topic #37024 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is still in his prime. If he has other things to achieve and he intends to achieve them somewhere other than in the NBL, now really would have been the time to chase them.
Great player though so congrats to NZB for hanging onto him.

Reply #527328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great tough player. Great signing.

Reply #527329 | Report this post

Dept  
Years ago

How old was he when I first saw him play? Seems like it was a long time ago.

Reply #527342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How's he doing in Italy??

Reply #527345 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Had 8p, 4r, 2a and 2s in 20 mins on the weekend, which I think was his second game for them.

Reply #527349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not hos last contract, wow he has high hopes.... he has been slowing down a bit last few seasons in spurts. Good luck to him though, genuine tough nu player league needs more like him.

Reply #527420 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not saying he doesn't deserve the contract, but I would be concerned with the way he plays that he could drop off sharply by the time he is 35.

An excellent hard nut player who could be even more effective if he could avoid regularly earning early cheap fouls.

Reply #527439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754