Anonymous
Years ago

Mt.Barker no2 Court Disgrace

Mt.Barker no.2 court is not suitable for Div 1 games.
Painted cement court, shot clock not working,very limited seating for spectators.This court at best is only suitable for social games.If BSA can't provide a good enough court to play on, then don't schedule any Div1 games there.
Disgrace

Topic #37040 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Court 1 is just parquet flooring sitting on top of cement. Barely any better. Both are terrible for injury/recovering.

Reply #527757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not as much of a disgrace as Hillcrest and Marion for Premier League games

Reply #527762 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Where would you suggest they play?
Would you like to travel to Murray Bridge?
$$$$$ are hard to find these days

Reply #527779 | Report this post

i  
Years ago

Heatfield high has a great gym

Reply #527780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

762, those two courts are Madison Square Garden compared to Mt Barker Ct 2.

Reply #527784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

762, Hillcrest and Marion may have outdated facilities, but both there courts are fine. The original gripe here is Mt.Barker 2 court is not suitable for Div1 .
Court is just painted cement, shot clock not working, hell, the shot clock had cobwebs on it so looks like it hasn't worked for a while.
As for "Where I suggest they play".
This is a BSA problem, if they can't be played on court 1 which is great, then sorry but Mt.Barker lose there home court advantage and play away until a suitable solution can be found.
I know $$$$$ are tight, but the state of this court is laughable.

Reply #527791 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

Other courts available at other stadiums which would be a sensible option especially given the building revolution !!!!.. My concern is the injury risk playing on a concrete floor. All courts should be sprung, nothing less. The cost of injuries in far more expensive in the long run to the community, club and individual.

Reply #527811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only "sprung" court in the NBL is Adelaide. Should they shut the league down because of it???

Reply #527822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

811, Injury & recovery is also my biggest concern playing on this substandard court, a sprung court is a luxury which only a select few stadiums have, so at the very least all BASA courts must be wooden surfaces, not this crap sealed concrete court at Mt.Barker.
Also agree with your comments to use other venues instead of MtBarker 2

Reply #527824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep and which other venue would you nominate as we have such an abundance to select from. Given that all Friday night venues are full to take one out im keen to know where these games would be your preferred choice to be played

Reply #527838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

838, no need to get so defensive. Your court is substandard. Fact.

Reply #527841 | Report this post

i  
Years ago

Heathfield high has 2 excellent courts , good lighting , would only be around 6-7 years old

Reply #527844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so the Friday night volleyball comp at heathfield is of little consideration

Reply #527845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you actually feel the difference between a sprung floor and a regular wooden floor? I've played on Adelaide arena and never noticed a difference between it and other courts but I didn't realise there were differences so wasn't thinking about it. Has nothing to do with the question and obviously sprung is better but was just wondering if people can physically tell between the two

Reply #527848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to Friday night games every week & I always see spare courts at the 6.00pm & also 9.15pm time slot. Whether it is at Mars, Starplex , Wayville or Morphetvale.
Removing the 3 games from Mt Barker2 court on Friday night, I don't think there would be many problems finding spare courts, just would not be the same time slots your used to.
We put suggestions forward to you & all you can do is become defensive & make excuses.
As has been pointed out by previous posts, your court is substandard.
Stop making excuses.

Reply #527851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. You are making an assumption their my courts
2.Im pointing out to you that your simple solutions are not so simple
3.How about your home games are randomly placed around the Adelaide metro area- would this suit your club or just you as an individual.
4 Is this conducive to keeping juniors involved in the sport from that area or just about your recovery on playing on a crap court maybe once in a season

Reply #527855 | Report this post

i  
Years ago

How many courts at cornerstone? What are they like?

Reply #527861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cornerstone is the solution

Reply #527899 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754