Zodiac
Years ago

36ers: Wilson & Motum may not return

JAMAR Wilson is no certainty to return for Adelaide 36ers, the club reviewing its personnel options in light of NBL free agents becoming available Friday.

The American point guard, who claimed the Sixers' MVP honours last season, is the type of player coach Joey Wright is keen to retain.

Adelaide has Mitch Creek under contract, Daniel Johnson has committed and Brock Motum has an extra year on his deal.

But Motum, who narrowly missed Utah Jazz’s roster last season, again is expected to pursue his NBA dream, with Europe his secondary option.

His contract has out-clauses for both and he appears unlikely to be in 36ers’ blue.

Captain Adam Gibson and blue collar pair Anthony Petrie and Brendan Teys are high on Wright’s retention wish list.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-mvp-jamar-wilson-no-certainty-to-return-as-nbl-club-reviews-free-agency-options/story-fnii09ki-1227355234455

Interesting that Schenscher is supposedly high on Wollongong's wish list to replace Nevill. Didn't think Gordie was that keen on big lumbering dinosaurs after the Nevill experiment. Probably agent jive.

Topic #37068 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Narrowly missed"??? Have to play more than two summer league games to narrowly miss out

Reply #528358 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Narrowly missed in that he was cut during pre-season a few days before the season started!

Reply #528361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As long as daly isn't there anymore I will be happy

Reply #528363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like they are aiming for a line up something along the lines of

C Johnson/?? young big
PF Import/Petrie
SF Creek/??
SG/pg Gibson/Teys
PG/sg Wilson or new Import/??? young guard

Sounds like a solid 7 rotation to me. With a few young guys coming in, Joey seems to be pretty good at picking young guys too over the years he has bought in some good young talent.

I like the idea of being not quite as deep but spending a bit more to secure 2 really good imports.

Seems like Schenshcer may be out, rumours where he was on around $140k, so maybe thats how they are going for a good import forward, i dont mind Schenscher but he is only worth around $80k on our team as DJs back up, and if we can use his money on a good import who can average atleast 15pts 8 rebounds then its a good move imo. I assume if Motum sticks around, which they seem to think he wont, he would take this import spot. If Schenscher can get $100k+ at somewhere like the Gong and start it could be good for him too.

Reply #528368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No guarantee Joey Wright is back.... too early for all this stuff.

Reply #528374 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I hope Wollongong don't sign Schenscher.

Reply #528379 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Joey is back.
If he was gone he would already be gone.

Reply #528385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey watching premier league wednesday. Don't think he's going anywhere as he seems settled with his family here. Gibbo still doing the rounds along with Mitch, and Crawford is playing locally for Wests. DJ settled here too.

Reply #528389 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

When will BJ Anthony be fit again?

Surely he would find himself on an NBL roster next season

Reply #528392 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Joey is contracted and if he wasnt coming back then why would he still be here?!

Proud...BJ is likley out until close to Finals time so I would expect him to miss the whole year.

Reply #528398 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

I'd love to see Schenscher stay with Adelaide. he is still a soemthing different to what other teams have and we need ot have at least one Adelaide boy in the team.
I'm sure Adelaide is where he wants to be as well. As usual money will decide the issue.

Reply #528399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree re Schenscher, we just cant pay him big bucks that he may be able to get elsewhere to play behind DJ, i hope he sticks around at around $80k.

Reply #528403 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'd have Ross

Reply #528528 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754