Samuel
Years ago

Hugh Greenwood

All these reports out there about Greenwood going to Perth??????

He would be a fool to go to Perth and the 36ers in my opinion. He is trying to make the Boomers and has to beat out Martin and Gibson so why would he ever think about going one of those two teams.

He has to go somewhere where he will play 25-30mins a game.

Wollongong or Townsville are by far the best two teams for him to play for.

What do you all think???

Topic #37131 | Report this topic

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Simple. If he's better than Martin or Gibson, the coach will play him ahead of them. You don't need particularly good numbers to make the Boomers anyway.

Reply #529482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Onya Samuel. There's no way that the existing Greenwood thread would have been suitable for your post.

Reply #529484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh, throw him back in a Hobart Chargers jersey. They need all the help they can get atm!

Reply #529497 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I don't think anyone would be deemed a fool for wanting to play for Perth or Adelaide. Both quality clubs.

Reply #529502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney need him

Reply #529529 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

A fool...or an opportunity to learn from one of the best?

Reply #529534 | Report this post

billy holye  
Years ago

He doesn't need to beat out martin and Gibson for boomers spots.....that is crazy both Gibson and Martin are not good enough....I would say he needs to beat mills Delly Exum out....

Reply #529542 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I agree with what Billy said. But part of me thinks there'll always be a token NBL player in the Boomers, kind of like having Christian Laettner in the dream team.

Reply #529563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That will be harder once we exceed double figure players with nba contracts over the next 10 years.

Reply #529564 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Billy Hoyle, Hugh will never beat Delly and Exum out barring injury. He is competing for the 3rd pg spot which traditionally has gone to Gibson.

Winston, I don't think the Boomers have ever had a 'token' player on the team. They definitely have had some pretty average players in times when we haven't been strong in certain positions - but never a 'token' player.

I believe Hugh will be competing for 3rd Point Guard spot his entire Boomers career. With Gibson and Martin a lot older than him, and no other foreseeable challenger coming up, he will more than likely have it by 2020.

Reply #529575 | Report this post

billy holye  
Years ago

Firstly Exum is a PG has been playing there his whole career....Secondly if you are saying Exum or Mills are not PG then at worst you still have 3 players who can play PG....so again why would he be beating out Martin and Gibson.

Personally 3 PG is a waste when you can have 1 starting PG and other combo guards who can play wing and PG.....Not to mention when Simmons is ready he will be playing PG also....

Reply #529577 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I never debated that Exum is a point guard. Delly and Exum are point guards, on this we agree.

As for 3rd point guard, when we talk about the structure of Boomers teams of the past 15 years, there has always been a 3rd point guard. I don't see why that would change. It is probably the most important position in the team, and god help us if one of Delly or Exum go down.

Reply #529581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood could easily get 25 minutes a game at Perth if he was good enough.

PG: Martin 25 minutes/Greenwood 15 minutes
SG: Beal 30 minutes / Greenwood 10 minutes / Scrub blowout minutes

Reply #529757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood is good enough. Love how all the people that have never actually seen him play dont rate him. Play more than just Boomers games.

Reply #529781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just tried out for the Jazz.

Reply #530400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754