Anonymous
Years ago

What the Font

First time looking at NBL on Facebook and website for ages to see this horrible new font.

I know they have some pretty big issues on hand but constant horrible branding does nothing to give the public an impression of a professional league.

Having said that the person doing the design would not be involved in the bigger issues.

From http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/1avpar3l5yr8g1lwxoc3wr92q6

Topic #37136 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The font is fine, if you don't like it bad luck really. This is one of the biggest issues the NBL has to deal with, odd fans.

Reply #529601 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Totally agree with above anon. Nitpickers blow up minor problems all the time, making mountains out of molehills.

Reply #529612 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

looks fine IMO

Reply #529619 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I wish people appreciated fonts as much as I and the OP do ;)

A good font adds to the overall look and feel of a website, and a really bad font / design can put people off and they may not come back if they're only casual fans. So its an important consideration.

However correct me if I'm wrong, but is the font which is being questioned taken from Melbourne United's branding, and not an NBL thing? That font doesn't appear on any other article.

Reply #529621 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ugly font choice. I thought the same when I saw it on Twitter. Not sure what they were thinking.

Reply #529623 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

OMG the font is horrible , this is the end of the NBL !!!

Reply #529624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bet Nick Marvin chose the font.

Reply #529626 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I like it and whilst we are on wording and NBL, I hope whomever picks up the NBL as a broadcaster shows the players full name as that was a real pet peeve and made us look amateur

Reply #529636 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

My money is on most of the people having a problem with the font actually being in an industry where they deal with that regularly...

Personally, I think it's a shocking choice, and while I don't think it's the end of the world, I can appreciate the need to provide a professional front to the public and see this as an easy way to do this...

Reply #529648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with Andrew Gaze on this. Lets shut down the season for 18 months or so until the league gets some new fonts.

Reply #529651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To start a thread about font, like or not, is whats wrong with society. Humans are a weird lot.

Reply #529663 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Fair enough - but the above 2 anon posts clearly have no idea, or therefore interest, in what it takes to have a successful branding.

Fonts may be nothing to a lot of people, and I get that, but it definitely means a lot in the greater scheme of your company's brand.

Reply #529683 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would say professionals judging that image would take issue with the font and the spacing around the font.

Reply #529698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I look at that, and think amateur.

Is that the perception the NBL wants to present? Even if it's basically what the NBL has become.

If they can't get simple things right, what hope have we got of them getting big decisions right?

Reply #529699 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If they can't get simple things right, what hope have we got of them getting big decisions right?

this point exactly...

Reply #529711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is nothing impressive about that font

smh

Reply #529713 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754