PJ
Years ago

North West Tasmanian Thunder release import

The North West Thunder have released import guard Monzaigo Williams.

Williams was averaging 9.9 points per game. Clearly not enough production for a SEABL import.

Topic #37146 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

10ppg doesnt cut the mustard so to speak.Talk was BJ Jenkins is coming back.

Reply #529855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10ppg normally does cut it on a well balanced winning team if the player provides other +ive elements.

Reply #529859 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

They need BJ bad. Dont know why they got rid of him to start.....

Whats Ben harvey doing these days?

Reply #529942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Second in their conference with a 6 and 3 record, what's the problem, why throw the baby out with the bath water?

Reply #529943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey shayno have you been following the seabl for a while now?

Reply #529952 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

since the late 90s, always try to keep up on what the thunder is doing

Reply #529971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you should know where Harvey is then.

Reply #529973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunder chairman Tony Barker said the decision to release Williams was purely based on performance.

"There is a fairly high expectation on import players being able to perform at a higher level than local players, and that's what we are paying money for,'' Barker said.

"It's nothing to do with his character, he was a great guy to have around."

Reply #529979 | Report this post

Callisto84  
Years ago

Albury bandits making changes too

Reply #530018 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Why would Bandits make a change?

Reply #530027 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

@Callisto84 What are you talking about? The Bandits are on top of their conference with both imports killing it. Definitely nothing happening there.

Reply #530033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only way I can see Albury making changes is if they have a few personality clashes causing problems.

The coach has made the comment a few of his players need/want the ball more than others and it is a struggle to manage at times...But we always knew that was going to happen with the personnel on the list.

Reply #530048 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

As an Albury person and long time Bandits supporter I've never seen an Albury team as together as this one. Guys like Deba George and Clay McMath seem to have happily accepted their roles on the team.

Winning seems to be all that matters with all these guys so I don't know why anyone would be suggesting that changes are coming.

Happy to be proven wrong but I think Callisto84 is way off the mark here.

Reply #530090 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

i clearly know where ben harvey is buddy sheesh.

Need someone that is loyal and can play 2 years in a row, no loyalty these days. see the $$$ and head for Geelong....sorry the hills

Reply #530383 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754