Anonymous
Years ago

What Victorian teams made it to Classic?

What Victorian teams made to classic?

Topic #37158 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's the top 4 teams in each pool.

Reply #530295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What! Victorian teams made it to the Classic, how did this happen?

Reply #530296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course Victorian teams made the classic. Have to have the best teams there.

Reply #530297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to see here, move along please....
Dandenong to win 18 men. They beat Melbourne the other week without much of a problem.

Reply #530329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't know that anon, gees we all had just better stay home and save us some on petrol then. Can't beat the Rangers, they beat the Tigers wow wee!

Reply #530332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 16 Girls La Trobe by a street

Reply #530333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U16G Diamond Valley

Reply #530334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

332, well clearly they are favourites.

Reply #530335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Oakleigh beat them!?

Reply #530336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DV didn't even make it in 16G

Reply #530346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt 20+ point favourites in 18 boys. Handled Dandenong easily twice in January.

Reply #530384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 16G Bulleen a dark horse

Reply #530391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

384, I'll have some of what you've been smoking please.

Sturt are a good side but 20 point favourites? Might need to venture out of your own backyard a little there.

Reply #530393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

346 DV did make 16 girls, they came 5th but there must have been an interstate no show so they snuck in.

Reply #530409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DV1 actually finsihed 4th, so made it. DV2 finished 5th. Looks like the Country Cup winner and an interstae team are not going so Hawthorn (also 5th) have 'snuck' in.

Reply #530426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm ^^#409, you are correct 426, DV finished 4th, apologies. Well done to both their 1 and 2 teams in getting in top 5 in their respective pools though.

Reply #530439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #393

Did in January

Reply #530440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #440, I'm struggling to see how an Eltham tournament win in both games against Dandenong by 8 is 'handled Dandenong easily twice' and puts them 20 point guaranteed winners at the Classic, it's a very different tournament.

And for the record, Sturt won only 1 game out of 8 games in that torunament by over 20 points. And in their own comp while they are 6 and zip, they could only manage to beat 5th placed Norwood by 3, so we will see what we will see.

They seem like they are a good side, but you might be just a tiny bit one eyed.

Good luck to them, I hope they do well.

Reply #530444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might not be the same Sturt side that payed at Eltham.
Added a 6'7 centre and another State player.

Interesting that the original mention of Dandenong said something along the lines of "Nothing to see here Dandenong to win because they beat Melbourne" but when another poster says Sturt to win, they get told to look outside their backyard.

Struggle to see anyone winning by 20 but probably worth waiting for the tournament and seeing the results.

Reply #530492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

444, commenting when all you have done is look at online scores is pretty pointless. Sturt did beat Norwood by 3 points but Sturt had half their team missing. At full strength Sturt win by lots.

Also 492, a 6'7 centre? Sturt don't have one of those, unless they've added him since state championship weekend. I saw them twice that weekend including the grand final and I'm sure I would have noticed someone that size. Stop exaggerating.

Reply #530496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NEW 2015 CRITERIA FOR COUNTRY CHAMPS WINNERS TO ATTEND THE CLASSIC. Mmmmm probably rules out most winners.

There will be one place allocated to the Country Championship winner subject to the following Country qualifying criteria

The entire team that won the Country Championships must be nominated and participate in the tournament. If not, the team must provide evidence to the Classic committee that they will still be competitive in the tournament without the nominated players.
If the team participates in VC they must qualify through VC or they will not be accepted.
If the team participates in VJL or lower they will not be accepted.

Reply #530500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Anon thanks.
So in 18 boys no Warragul because Lloyd plays for Dandenong and they are lower then VJL, but if Geelong won they wouldn't get in either because they are in VC and had to get in that way. So Country Champs is just bragging rites these days.

Reply #530501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ 496. OK well I guess you must be right.
I see him twice per week but I guess I've got no idea.
He is at least an inch taller (When he stands up straight) than their Sudanese kid who is 6'6".

If I'm out by half an inch, my most sincere apologies.

Reply #530548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sudanese kid is 6'6? Lol

I saw the grand final at state championships and the Centrals kid was the biggest on court by a long way. What is he 7'3 then according to you?

I also saw the Sturt team play Norwood a couple of weeks back and there was nobody on Sturt's team anywhere near the size of those two tall blonde kids. Are they also 7' then?

You are right, you have no idea. Pleased you can see it.

Reply #530558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Centrals kid = 6'9''

Sudanese kid at Sturt is 2 inches shorter. That will give you 6'7''

Case closed.

Reply #530612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754