Cherry Picker
Years ago

Who'll be better, Billy or Fred?

With their own different strengths and weaknesses plus with the squads they inherit, who will be more successful this season, Billy Donovan or Fred Hoiberg?
Will going from a strict disciplinarian to a players coach ala Steve Kerr help Fred or will the driven and intense Billy steer the often rudderless Thunder ship?

Topic #37171 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donovan will win more games, even in the West, unless either roster undergoes a massive overhaul. I think he's the better coach and will find a way to make it work in the NBA, though there'll probably be an adjustment period.

Hoiberg stylistically has shown a bunch of things that suit the modern NBA game, but not necessarily the current Bulls roster. He also walks into a more difficult situation with the players. Both Brooks and Thibs were well-liked and respected by their players but I don't think anyone in the NBA doubted that Thibs was capable of winning a championship whereas those doubts had obviously been raised repeatedly about Brooks.

Reply #530674 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

I'm hoping Fred does well at Chicago, having history there as a player. I also think the playing group are ready for a change. With Hoiberg there, I think we could see Jimmy Butler take that next step.

Reply #531088 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754