Train
Years ago

Rumoured - Khazzou to Kings , Ogilvy to United

According to Boti, Julian Khazzou will be rejoining the Kings and AJ Ogilvy joining United. Great too see both these guys returning.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/oh-the-blitz-oh-the-blitz-oh-the-blitz-is-back-/

Kings will be doing well if they can get Childress back.

Topic #37191 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

That should read Khazzouh ;)

Reply #531042 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Good pickups for both teams

Reply #531043 | Report this post

Oberon 28  
Years ago

Great pick ups if true. Be interesting to see if United bring Kickert back.

Reply #531046 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

WOW!

Reply #531051 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Yeah they would be great additions. Will be interesting to see if Khazzouh has continued to improve since his Euro stint.

Reply #531052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent additions to the Sydney Kings and Melbourne United.

BRING THE NEW SEASON ON !!!!!

Reply #531055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good would Melb be with Ogilvy, Conklin & Blanchfield?

Scary

Reply #531056 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

United are gonna be STACKED!!

Reply #531057 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Conklin is going to United ???

Reply #531058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan Vandenberg is back play 4 Bendigo brave
be good to have him play in nbl

Reply #531063 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

this seasons next seasons sounding awesome, great additions to the league if both of these rumours come true.

The rosters so far are looking something like this are very exciting

36ers

Johnson/??
Motum or import/Petrie
Creek/??
Gibson/Teys
Wilson or new import/??

United

Ogilvy/??Patton
Conklin/Walker
Barlow/?? Odigie
Blanchfield/?? Carter
Import/Tomlinson

Taipans

Burston/Tragardh
Loughton/?? Young
import/?? Weigh
Gliddon/??S Bruce
Import/Maynard

Breakers

Pledger/? Import
Vukona/Wesley
Abercrombie/Bailey
Webster/Terangi
Jackson/?

Wildcats

M Knight/Jervis
Redhage/Wagstaff
import/Hire
Beal/?
D Martin/Greenwood

Kings

Khazzouh/Brandt
Garlepp/??
Childress or import/??
Import/??
Cadee/??

If some good imports are selected and a few more young Aussies come in could be a really good season for those 6 teams.

Those rosters look fairly well balanced all with alot of potential depending on the quality of imports and how they round out there roster. If they simply just bring back guys from last season to fill out the spots all are looking pretty good.

Good to see the return of some really good big guys to the NBL too.

Will be interesting to see how the Crocs and Hawks look, both dont have many signed at this stage, the Crocs have been raided by United by the looks so will be interesting to see who they pick up. Would both have to be long shots at this really early stage to be in playoff contention you would think.

Reply #531064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where are all the zkings hate4s now that eere dogging them in the Jackomas thread. Still under their rocks?

Reply #531066 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Anon 063 - vandenberg is terrible. However I'm sure some club will offer him their 13th roster spot haha

Reply #531067 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'm hoping to see Lisch back !!

Reply #531068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho would be a good fit for the crocs

Reply #531069 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Also i am hearing that Adam Gibson is heading to the Sydney Kings as well. It will be a big loss for Adelaide 36ers, they must have some one good to replace him or we are going to finish bottom.

Reply #531070 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Gibson to Kings?? that be a huge loss for 36ers

Reply #531079 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Make some room for Dan Trist (possibly Syd) and Jeromie Hill (Nth QLD)

Reply #531087 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I think a few of those rosters are jumping the gun there, especially 36ers... If they CAN retain them, fine, but it's not locked in by any means...

Will be weird to see AJ in United colours, but if I had to choose between the two, it would definitely be Khazzouh that I'd want back in Sydney... Much more likeable and I think marketable... I thought he has some trial for Utah though, coming up?

Great crop of rookies potentially too, and not too many teams all locked in with positions, so hopefully a bit of teh deadwood can be kulled to make way for them...

Reply #531093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilbekin?

Reply #531098 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Oh yea, way to early with some of the rosters, many not locked in, just a bit of guess work of what they may look like, the 36ers i was basing on what Joey talked about aiming for in the media a few weeks ago,

Reply #531113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely this is the year they start Wagstaff and make redhage become the bench PF??

Reply #531123 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

The big sneeze!!!!

Isn't Vandenberg not getting minutes in SEABL??

Reply #531133 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I doubt Gibbo heads to the Kings.
If he were heading elsewhere why would he be doing clinics with Joey up North as we speak?

Reply #531139 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"United are gonna be STACKED!!"

United were stacked last year and look where it got them...

Reply #531148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also think Wagstaff should start over Redhage and in some cases like seeing Knight and Jervis start together

Reply #531175 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Also, if Gibbo follows Cadee to Sydney and takes his minutes AGAIN, there'll be blood in the water I'd reckon! :-D

Is Brandt definitely contracted to the Kings for next season? He'd be a bit disappointed if he ended up coming off the bench behind Khazzouh I would think.

Reply #531189 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Beantown - yup, Brandt was signed on the standard 3yr rookie deal... I think with his knee as unpredictable and really being out of his depth a bit as starter, I think being able to come out as an impact and not have as much pressure on him would be better all round... He doesn't seem to me to be someone like past Kings rookies like Bose who wanted to be the centre of attention, so I would think that it wouldn't be a huge deal if he was still getting decent minutes, and with other quality players around him, Khazzouh wouldn't need to be played to death like he has been in the past, which can only be a good thing long term...

As for Gibbo, I think getting him would be a priority over making sure that Cadee is happy in his position, ideally it would motivate him to work harder, but I think his minutes would depend more on the import guard spot if that is indeed where it's taken up (Childress-dependant) as they'd be ok to work together on court at the same time, surely?

Reply #531216 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"United were stacked last year and look where it got them..."

Don't worry, United are going to own the league this year.

Reply #531408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see what you did there.

Reply #531411 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754