joseph stalin
Years ago

Peanut Butter Delly time baby!!!

Im predicting Delly to have a career series and carry the Cavs to a championship.

What a rise from the undrafted guard.

Topic #37197 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will this be the official Cavs v Warriors game 1 thread?

Reply #531298 | Report this post

joseph stalin  
Years ago

Yes it is so Spoiler alert!

Reply #531300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please change the title it is cringe worthy

Reply #531301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also think Delly will post career best Finals stats in this series.

Reply #531304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs off to a flier! What's going on with Bogey sitting on the bench?

Reply #531312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, that's some second quarter by Curry!!!!

Reply #531315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a half, awesome. This series is gonna be a cracker!

Reply #531316 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Too much isolation - not enough ball movement. NBA basketball is not as entertaining as it could be.

Reply #531320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when does delly time start ?

Reply #531321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA basketball is exactly what they want it to be and it is entertainment with a capital 'E'

Reply #531322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure about peanut butter but that guy james le bron goes okay

Reply #531323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 minutes to go and Bogey gets it to a one point game, awesome!!!!!!!!

Reply #531324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When he actually does something?

Reply #531325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doing his job anon^ what's your point?

Reply #531326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he was not doing anything he would not be on the court

Reply #531327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travel call on Mozgov was a bit rough

Reply #531328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nail biter with Mozgov on the line!

Reply #531329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time out with 31 seconds to go, scores level!!!!!! Loving it.

Reply #531330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What!!????

Curry open lay up and gets blocked at the glass by Uncle Drew, awesome!!!

Reply #531331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

O/T!

Predictable??

Reply #531332 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Gonna be plenty of Delly time in Game 2 by the look of Irving's limp right now

Reply #531333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors all the way now

Reply #531334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Cav's lost their Mo Jo in OT!!!!!

Reply #531335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone in the Cavs lineup needs to step up and help Lebron out, almost 40 shots in just the first game wont win them the series no matter how many he drops.

Reply #531336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peanut Butter time................

Reply #531337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs were -13 in Delly's 9 minutes. Ouch.

Reply #531339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Throw in any stats you want anon^ there is a huge difference to how they used him today compared with previously in the last series. Agree not a great impact but given more of an opportunity I think we could see him become very valuable.

Reply #531342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No excuses, he didn't play that great today. Stop being so butthurt when an Aussie player doesn't live up to your beast mode fantasy.

Reply #531344 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Lebron James is a massive ball hog. He only passes if he feels it will lead directly to an assist - hence give him a stat. I saw open guys on both the Cavs and Warriors multiple times, but the stars want to go 1 on 5 and throw up something half baked.

Bron had 40 attempts, and I think others would help if maybe he gave them the ball once in a while? Yeah, he might have a few assists, but he has 90 percent of possession.

Bogut was woeful offensively, and a bare pass defensively - a few nice first quarter blocks and thats it. As for Delly, he barely even got 10 minutes, and barely got the ball. There was little he could do in the time he was given.

Overall - boring game for me. I think NBA needs to learn a few things from the Europeans about team play

Reply #531345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did you go today GWB, get some ball did you?

Here is how I would rate your performance:

Scarecely seen or heard, tried to make an impact but just provided some negativity to the thread.

That about sum it up?

Reply #531347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankyou ^ 9 minutes 3 assists 1 foul -13. He was hardly on the court because he was doing nothing. Did they even use him in OT?

Reply #531348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #344 is the only butthurt here. Since when does anyone have to agree with an anon troll idiot?

Reply #531349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, we shouldn't agree with anon trolls...

Reply #531353 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"How did you go today GWB, get some ball did you?

Here is how I would rate your performance:

Scarecely seen or heard, tried to make an impact but just provided some negativity to the thread.

That about sum it up?"

By that logic, no one can ever criticise a player - politician, or public figure of any kind.

Lebron James is a great player, but he is a ball hog.

Reply #531354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give it but can't take it mate^?

Reply #531356 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Your's wasn't even criticism. It didn't even make sense. As a professional athlete worth more than the total GDP of a small african nation, he is subject to criticism. Your criticism of me amounted to telling me that I am not in the NBA? I could kind of figure that myself...

By your logic, anyone doing anything is above criticism. Your criticism of me was nonsense. So take a seat and be quiet before you completely oust yourself as a moron.

Reply #531362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMFAO

Reply #531363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had a pretty average game. But we've all seen what he's capable of. Will probably start the next few games so will have plenty of opportunities to earn a 'delly time' thread but this game wasn't one

Reply #531365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought GWBs GDP call was absolute bulldust but then did some research.

Lowest GDP in Africa: $300 million
Lebron net worth: $375 million

Wow.

Reply #531419 | Report this post

kason jidd  
Years ago

Lebron James a ball hog? Now I've heard it all. Used to be that Lebron passed it too much and now he is a ball hog. And to be criticized for passing it when you think that you will get an assist - isn't that the whole point? To pass when you think your team can score from it? Would hate to be a great in this era, you get criticized no matter what you do.

Good fighting performance from Lebron was doing a bit of everything. Interesting to see that the bookies have written off the Cavs as any chance to win the finals now.

Got to love Curry though. Warriors in 5.

Reply #531420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cav's had two shots on the buzzer to win it before OT then lost Irving and lost momentum. We would be singing LeBron's praises if one of those shots had hit their mark. Fickle!

Reply #531435 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Overall - boring game for me. I think NBA needs to learn a few things from the Europeans about team play"

A boring game???!! Game 1 goes to OT with some amazing shots, dunks, plays etc What more do you want to see? And then apparently European basketball where you are lucky to see games above 80 is what the NBA should follow.... okay then.

Reply #531450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyrie out 3-4 months......

Reply #531476 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Seriously^...??! Read it somewhere did you??

Reply #531477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs drafting point guards then

Reply #531478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3-4 months confirmed

Reply #531479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's all over the place atm.....it really is Delly Time!

Reply #531480 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2015/06/05/kyrie-irving-david-blatt-cavaliers/28557653/

Fractured Knee Cap, ouch...

Reply #531481 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Whoops was posting without my handle..

"I want to thank everyone for the well wishes. Saddened by the way I had to go out but it doesn't take away from being apart of a special playoff run with my brothers. Truly means a lot for all the support and love. I Gave it everything I had and have no regrets. I love this game no matter what and I'll be back soon. To my brothers: You already know what the deal is. And to Delly: "ICE it down del" *Big Perk voice * "

Delly will have the spotlight on him again...

Reply #531482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ESPN personality rips 'scared' Matthew Dellavedova

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/espn-personality-rips-scared-matthew-dellavedova/story-fndkzqrr-1227386793107

Reply #531614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephen A Smith might be a dick but he's not wrong in this case

Reply #531615 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thank you Stephen A. Smith, for providing that extra little bit of motivation Delly needs to shut your big trap!

We will see, won't we...??

Reply #531625 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I don't think too many people take Steven A. Smith too seriously anyways. He is like a poor mans Carfino- except Carfino doesn't see the need to dig at players for no good reason;.

Reply #531632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you mean he is a very rich man's Carfino

Reply #531639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

most of the season Delly hasn't been expected to be a ball handler and he only ever plays when a primary ball handler is on the court, aka lebron, kyrie. Blatt uses him as a 3&D guy and he's pretty alright in a pick and roll with TT.

So while Delly and all his quirks are sometimes comical, it's just not accurate to say that the Cavs should be any more worried bc Delly will be handling the ball. It doesn't matter if he takes it up the court, or how goofy it looks, the ball will still be immediately handed to Lebron, the power guard. I'm willing to bet that won't change for the next game.

Reply #531642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine a decent defender on him. Delly probably nervous due to the finals, his family in the crowd etc but he made Steph curry looked like Scottie pippen out there

Reply #531643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All will be answered in only a few short hours now.
Bring out the peanuts!

Reply #531662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

17 minutes 1 assist 2 fouls. Thank god he can kinda defend because his offence isn't doing anything

Reply #531669 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

He has seriously hampered Curry. It wasn't until Delly was subbed out that Curry was allowed into the game. I would say he is doing better than "kinda" defending. So long as he keeps Curry out of sorts, he is doing more than enough for the Cavs.

He has also missed some open shots he would usually make. It isn't as if he is playing badly offensively - he just hasn't found his shot just yet.

Reply #531671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thompsons gonna straight past him a few times but yes doing very well on curry

Reply #531675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if that ridiculously short floater better not have been him not having his eye in yet. It's the third quarter. You're an NBA player. Should have your eye in by shootaround

Reply #531676 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

NBA players don't have bad shooting games? I am sorry, after watching the game for 20 years, I hadn't realised that?

Reply #531678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHAHA DELLY COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMEONE LANDING ON HIM

Reply #531680 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great game, tough and gritty, oh did I say gritty?

That's peanut butter with grit folks...

And yes, I backed him 100%, well done digga'.

Reply #531768 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Two from two, thanks heaps Stephen A. Smith and all the other non believers, go you little Aussie winner!

Reply #532071 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754