Anonymous
Years ago

Crocs say thanks...

... to their members by inviting them to a function for which they have to pay to attend. Genius!!

Seriously, this club should be kicked to the kerb asap. The longer they continue down this moronic path, the longer the hold the rest of the league back.

Topic #37209 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

It's not uncommon for functions to be ticketed, why would members expect to get free tickets to functions?

This is an absurd thread

Reply #531666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To a "thank you" function? Sure.

Reply #531667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To someone who feels entitled, it might seems absurd. To someone who lives in the real world, it would seems like a club in financial trouble wanting to thank people for continuing to build a community, and asking those people to contribute to the costs of running the function, as a financially responsible club would do.
If you want to see greedy, check the price of wildcats merch.

Reply #531674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its got nothing to do with feeling entitled or greed. Its about a wasted PR opportunity.

Reply #531681 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I agree this IS an absurd thread. Im a Wildcats member and when they have their functions I still have to pay to attend. I do get a lot of other stuff for 'free', but functions generally arnt one of them.

Reply #531684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its got nothing to do with getting something for free.

Reply #531687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe you have a choice whether to attend or not.

Reply #531692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I believe you have a choice whether to attend or not. "

Really? Thats your take on this?

Reply #531694 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

$20 a head to go tenpin bowling, with drinks and finger food and to hangout with some of the staff and players as a thank you, pretty good deal if you ask me.

Reply #531696 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If you're a true fan a small fee sounds reasonable,

Reply #531730 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

NBL Franchises are businesses not charities, why wouldn't you pay for a ticket to a club function regardless of it's motive?

Reply #531742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$20 wouldn't even cover the cost of that. It is a token fee and is a more than reasonable offer by the club.
Half of the Crocs' problem seems to be the impossible-to-please whiners who just want to sook about every little thing they can. Wish these babies would go find some other outlet for their time wasting rather than wallowing in their own bitterness and taking shots at a club genuinely trying to get back on its feet.

Reply #531758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what AFL or NRL side does these things for free? They might have a family day and a sausage sizzle for free and thats about it. Get over yourselves. Lets just be almost broke and spend what little money we have left basically to keep the whiners and free loaders that haven,t helped the club survive.
How much money did you contribute OP?

Reply #531773 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

$20 is a good price for bowling and some drinks. You pay more than that on a normal weeknight. If my team organised one of these nights for $20 I'd be snapping up tickets

Reply #531793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said. Bit of fun of help your team. Rather than go broke again by spending money on the freeloaders, who probably aren't even members yet complain on here.

Reply #531822 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754