Anonymous
Years ago

Why can't the NBL and CLB work together?

Boti Nagy article has a great suggestion. Let's make both leagues work.

http://bit.ly/1IaxOgJ

Topic #37250 | Report this topic

BMF  
Years ago

Different parties involved?

Reply #532740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because I said so

Reply #532741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The terms 'basketball association' and 'work together' are mutually exclusive. You don't have to read to far on this or any forum to discover examples of this.
Basketball has the advantage and disadvantage of being played in small insular groups often in neighbouring suburbs or towns and never moving out of its comfort zone. That is why with such a large participation rate it still remains a minor league sport. Football and cricket teams travel to other areas constantly to gauge themselves against broader competition. Basketball comp's too often are able to set themselves up around 4 to 8 teams and go on oblivious to the world for years. Not that this is a bad thing on a local or social level but does hinder the big picture. (Please note: my uneducated opinion formed on years of playing and watching).

Reply #532753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it would be great if they did have some sort of working agreement.

i know it wont be the case but it would really nice if the CLB could have a few NBL clubs competing in it. Perhaps even clubs from other leagues if clubs want. Plus CLB only clubs to make up numbers. A few CLB club licenses put up for 'auction' in offseason, or teams can nominate themselves maybe?

just dont want to see more pro bball clubs created out of thin air then thrown on the scrap heap when the $ run out.

but i think that will be the reality of it in about 4yrs time...if the league actually plays a season at all...

Reply #532763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh Boti. So long covering basketball yet still so naïve about the real world.

Reply #532766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not naivety he's angling using his influence to hopefully get them to work together.

He would know both leagues can't survive.

Reply #532767 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Could you explain some of the things you have said?

What does this mean?

"Football and cricket teams travel to other areas constantly to gauge themselves against broader competition."?

and how do you work out that basketball remains a "minor league Sport because of this...

"Basketball has the advantage and disadvantage of being played in small insular groups often in neighbouring suburbs or towns and never moving out of its comfort zone."

I genuinely do not know what you mean by either of those statements.

Reply #532771 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

CLB blindsiding the NBL wouldn't necessarily have been viewed favourably.

Reply #532791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see either of the leagues existing in their current format

Reply #532804 | Report this post

Don't ever see the NBL and CBL co existing in current formats. CBL would be better trying to work on a format that would allow Asian and Chinese teams to compete. This could even be on divisional levels with some promo/relegation and only Grand finalist competing at the premier level.

Reply #532805 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

...sbsworldnews ran the story of an all phillipime league launched in melbourne,yesterday......while seven showed the shot from the top of a dam in tasmania, anew world record,...

Reply #532810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754