Anonymous
Years ago

U16 metro vs country

I heard they played each other on the weekend, what were the results? Any standouts? Anyone want to predict where teams might come at nationals?

Topic #37266 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't think the coaches would show their hands in these. Both girls teams should be around the mark.

Reply #533066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your son/daughter obviously was the standout. In a practise game...

Reply #533074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Country girls defeated Vic Metro girls a week or so ago in a practice match. Good standard by all accounts.

Reply #533077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Metro won both closely but Country boys were missing their best player so that result doesn't mean much. Country boys superior to Metro.

Reply #533191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Metro boys won by 15 (not really close)

Reply #533205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U16 Metro Women beat the Country by 8 in a low scoring affair.

The Metro women continue their excellent ability to play Transition Defense. Their half-court offence was slow at times. Not too many standouts really.

Country looking to improve on fast break basketball and not turning the ball over in bad spots.

Reply #533354 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have the Metro girls got some outside shooters this year? because SA will zone d them again!!

Reply #533370 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have the Metro girls got some outside shooters this year? because SA will zone d them again!!

Reply #533373 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Reply #533374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure they have at least 1 excellent shooter.

Reply #533392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a much better team this year. They had outside shooters last year, but too many individuals.

Reply #533402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They still won gold last year?

Reply #533404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #533405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummmmm, yeah they did.

Reply #533430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confusion reigns supreme.
SA Metro won the U16 girls with a long zone that forced teams to shoot from outside.
I think the poster earlier is suggesting unless VIC Metro get some shooters they will struggle.

Reply #533435 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Your spot on SA Metro won and they did play a zone and I think half their team were bottom age. So yes Vic Metro or anyone else will probably need good outside shooters - and if I was coaching I would pick more than one.

Reply #533436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the way to beat a zone is bomb 3s.

Hope you guys coach SA.

Reply #533445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA coaches....who won the gold medal last year?

Reply #533453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am I missing something? In the 2014 under 16 women, SA Metro def Qld for the gold medal, NSW Country def Vic Metro for the bronze. If you believe the stories, Vic Metro wasn't even in the hunt with poor selection and poor coaching.

Reply #533454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mostly poor coaching.

Reply #533469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's right. And with 5 bottom agers last year they're clear favourites this year. Qlds also had key bottom agers so they'd be medal favourites too.

I'd say country girls maybe 5-8.

What about the boys? I don't know as much about them but country had a good bottom age last year?

Reply #533470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like nobody is writhing 40 points of SA Metro and QLD South. They must be amazing teams. It is a shame that the championships will be so cut and dry.

Is it worth still holding them? Maybe they should award the medals now?

Reply #533475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to mention a QLDS team won U14 clubs and SA met teams finished 3rd and 4th.

This year at National Classics a Vic Country team won and 2 SA teams came 3rd and 4th. And vic teams struggled to get wins.

Sorry if you think people are saying that QLDS and SAM are 40 points better, that is not being said by anyone.

What is being said is that this again is a weak age group for VICM and other state would enter the tournament with a higher probability of winning. With no guarantee's.

But feel free to totally exaggerate those claims agin.

Reply #533479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously call it off.

Reply #533480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee, the VICM people really do get pouty when they can't just roll over teams with superior talent.
Guess we don't quite need that 2nd VICM team at Nationals just yet...

Reply #533584 | Report this post

Didn't realise last years 14s champs Hawthorn (boys) and North Sydney (girls) where QLD teams. Here was me thinking North Sydney is in Nsw and Hawthorn in Victoria. Not to worry, I'll work on my geography.

Reply #533588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But this age group is from 2 years ago, rather than last year. Because last years teams will have less relevance to this years competition than the one two years ago.

And this years National Junior Classics results more so.

Hope that can sure a little of your ignorance.

Reply #533596 | Report this post

Hope that can sure does.

Reply #533603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it true that VICM are made up of the famous fathers club?

Reply #533605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also isn't the best kid from north Sydney now playing for qlds?

Reply #533619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, thought you might be grammatically challenges as well as geographically along with ignorant of age group relevance

Reply #533625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anonymus . U da one makin the gramma mystakes bro

Reply #533729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's called irony

Reply #533732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SAN FRANCISCO MAN BECOMES FIRST AMERICAN TO GRASP SIGNIFICANCE OF Irony - Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of Irony. "It was weird," Fullmer said. "I was in Melbourne and, like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather, eh?" and I thought "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather." Fullmer then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.
Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use Irony himself in future. "I'm, like, using it all the time," he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks and I burned them to shit and I said, "Hey, great weather!"

Reply #533734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't iron mate.

Reply #533743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #533753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interestingly enough there may be some players in the sa country squad geographically challenged as well, oh well metro probably doesn't need them anyway

Reply #533755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really? Boys or girls? I can't think of any?

Reply #533758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boys

Reply #533759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Country again getting a win over Vic Metro today in the girls.

Reply #533872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Country girls will go very well

Reply #533874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Call it off

Reply #533878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, how did those Vic Country girls go?

Reply #536876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finished 4th after losing tight game to Vic Metro. Thrashed the silver medalists and lost a tight semi to gold medalists after one of the QLD bench players who did nothing all tournament caught fire (it happens, big deal). I would say that's a good result and it seems like there was not much in the results between the top 4 which would have made for an exciting tournament.

Reply #536888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they finished fourth, regardless of all the rest of the rubbish you posted in the post above.

Reply #536918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon...so they easily won a game tht didn't matter the day before the quarter finals.

You do realise their opponent didn't 'show' anything special cause it didn't matter and rest players in preparation for when it really mattered.

Reply #536919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So....they won games that didn't matter and lost the ones that did?

Reply #536934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are funny. I wasn't criticising anybody, just stating the obvious based on results (so it's not rubbish). Yes they finished fourth, big deal it's still a good result and roughly where most Vic Country teams finish. your opinion is noted though, it's very possible SA Metro were resting up for finals and maybe they thought a loss would give them a better semi matchup.

Reply #536971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754