Anonymous
Years ago

NBA Trade

What do people think of the clippers/hornets trade? Who's the winner in the deal?

Clippers receive Lance Stephenson

Hornets receive Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes

Interesting move from the Clippers considering Stephenson isn't a legit 3 and had a horrible season last year. Does this mean that clippers will trade for a legit 3 that can play defense? Maybe Crawford or Reddick are looking to be moved?

Read an article that made a suggested trade between Lakers and Kings. Don't think it will happen but what are people's thoughts on the chances and if it's a good trade.

Lakers would receive Cousins

Kings would receive Randle and no. 2 pick

Topic #37274 | Report this topic

Keany  
Years ago

Clips are banking on getting Paul Pierce in FA I reckon, and if they keep DJ with CP3 and Lance they're defence is much much better

Reply #533165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm still hoping the C's can pull some big moves somehow and get Paul back to finish his playing days off in the right colours.

Reply #533172 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

The only reason Doc would have let the only small forward we have is because he knows The Truth is coming to LA

Reply #533201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus he hates Barnes and has been trying to trade in the past

Reply #533466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah Barnes is a great locker room guy. Doc might hate having him as his starting small forward but there's no way he hates Matt himself

Reply #533468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't mean personally hate but didn't want him on the team.

As for great locker guy how do you know this? Rivers has been p1ssed with Barnes on court temper and fines. He's been looking to trade him for past couple years.

If he loved him so much why would he trade a great locker guy that started and was only on $3m a year?

Reply #533544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chemistry wise with the other players they all loved him. Half the team plays in his Athletes vs Cancer charity football match and if you follow all the players on social media you can definitely tell that they all get along

He was traded because a) he's not a starting small forward b) he's 35 c) he shot worse than Delly did this season and d) the hornets were dumb enough to trade someone with massive potential of he gets his head on straight for a 35 year old bench worthy small forward and a 7 foot tall potato

As a clippers fan I'm sad to see him go but at least now he'll never have to be seen in those awful new jerseys

Reply #533547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They traded him for a player that won't play as their 3 anyway.

Rivers isn't a huge Barnes fan at all

Will clippers resign him when Charlotte waive him

Reply #533589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't play as their starting 3. Will play 1 2 and 3 off the bench. Paul pierce will start at SF

You'll need to show me some proof that doc isn't a Barnes fan. Not a fan of him starting I'd agree with probably, I'm sure he'd be happy with a proven veteran off the bench. Doesn't matter his shooting dropped off this year, still a solid perimeter defender.

They can't resign him.

Reply #533602 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754