Anonymous
Years ago

Lucas Walker leaves United

Couldn't come to terms with United and now a free agent.

If he gets let off the leash he could have a big year.

Topic #37279 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good decision not to retain him .

Reply #533260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is coming to Adelaide, not a bad role player, on a goods team. Adelaide now have to put a good team together.

Reply #533264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will be a good back up SF to creek... great signing by 36ers

Reply #533270 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If Walker is coming to Adelaide

Are we looking at a team of

Johnson/Hodgson
Import or Motum/Petrie
Creek/Walker
Gibson/Teys
Wilson or new import/Sobey

Imo would be ok, a pretty solid 8 man rotation with Hodgson and Sobey not proven NBL players as yet, but seem to be the style of players we need.

Reply #533271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has the same basketball IQ as Creek too.

Reply #533276 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Creek's 'basketball IQ' is often at the lower end of the range in my opinion, which is where I also see Walker's. A reasonable athlete, but lacking in control and smarts.

Similar head size, though.

If the Walker story is true - and personally I hope it's not - Joey will need all his coaching skills and two VERY good imports to boot in my opinion.

Reply #533285 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Don't really want Lucas Walker on the team. Big dumb and useless when he hasn't got a free lane to the bucket. I would prefer Weigh (and I don't want Weigh!).

Why must the 36ers go year after year of subpar new signings? Why not add some decent pieces to a good core? Who are our imports? Guys who have played in Korean social league?

Reply #533293 | Report this post

Oberon 28  
Years ago

I like Walker as a 4 better than the 3.
Sixers
Johnson/Schenscher
Petrie/Walker
Creek/Import
Gibson/Teys
Import/Sobey

I like

Reply #533294 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Walker would give us a few things we are missing. Rebounding, athleticism and the ability to knock down the 3.

Reply #533303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers got no money, is what it is, they sign who they can. Joey is going to exposed as a poor tactical coach this upcoming season, as he wont have the talent to cover his lack crafty ability. Every year all he has had to do is manage egos and make subs of talent for talent. If he doesnt get his import spots right will be over quickly next season. Too many other teams have already strengthend there squads.

Reply #533330 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Walker can knock down the 3?

Reply #533340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really only shoots 31% from three career and last season also only shot 38% from the field.

PPG and RPG were both below his career average too and on a crap team. Not what you want to see from a guy who will turn 31 during next season.

Hopefully the 36ers aren't interested.

Reply #533347 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Well...he seems to shoot them reasonably well in our gym.

Reply #533367 | Report this post

Birdman  
Years ago

Walker's 3 has to be respected. Teams can't leave him wide open so in turn that helps stretch the defence which in turn allows the slashers to attack the rim.

Everyone on United's roster last year had below career performances.

Reply #533369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re Walker 3s....
"You open for a reason"

Reply #533386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't leave Walker open?? That's exactly what you want he's a 31% three point shooter.

Reply #533391 | Report this post

Birdman  
Years ago

good old 36er fans , Lucas is only 8% behind the great Brett Maher , who as we all know never missed a shot

Reply #533398 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Birdman

There is a big difference between 31% and 39% 3Pt percentage in true shooting percentages.

And you can bet that Mahersy was closely guarded for most of those shots (except the fast break pull-ups!)

Reply #533403 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

In fact, 31% is 93 points per 100 shots - 39% is 117 points per 100 shots

Not even a comparison.

Reply #533406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

33% is considered competent 3 point shooting at the professional level, 40% puts you well into the good shooters range, and 44% and up is considered truly elite. World of difference between 31 and 39%. Kickerts 50% this year was downright phenomenal. One of the best shooters in NBL history. If he could have developed any other aspect of his game over the last decades he would have been a good Boomer.

Reply #533412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"33% is considered competent 3 point shooting at the professional level"

Only by incompetent shooters...

Reply #533429 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Andthefoul is reporting Walker to the 36ers as many have suggested on here

Reply #533490 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

I like the signing. Gives us some more athleticism and rebounding. Guessing we will be looking for an import combo guard and an import big

Reply #533491 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, im hoping the import fwd is a sf/pf ala Donta Smith mould, to start along with Creek, would give us a good athletic front court.

Reply #533495 | Report this post

Oberon 28  
Years ago

I like Walker - a chance guy as Joey said when recruiting. Think he is a 4 in the NBL as not good enough shooter for the 3 and has the athleticism and rebounding to play the 4. Him and Creek together will be interesting.
Sixers so far???
Johnson
Petrie/Walker
Creek/
Import/Teys
Gibson/Sobey

Reply #533496 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think he would have been a decent fit for Adam Ballinger's bench spot at Wollongong from last season... Him and Brad Hill swapping between the 3 and 4 could cause match up problems on their day and on off days they can swap positions and maybe have better luck but it sounds like we may never know

Reply #533522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need shooters....

Reply #533582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754