Barry
Years ago

12 year old dunks

Watching a game of U14's last night and an incredibly athletic bottom age boy slammed one home . Have we seen anyone so athletic at such a young age before ?
Great prospect for SA basketball !

Topic #37297 | Report this topic

chewie  
Years ago

Saw a kid playing for Sacred Heart in grade 7 last year throw down reverses in the warm up. To say our kids were intimidated under sells it.

Reply #533725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it too late to nominate for Thursday's draft ?

Reply #533726 | Report this post

Been Practicing  
Years ago

Saw an Under 14 Rockets kid last night steal the ball off the guard, chase the loose ball and fast break dunk it. There was no way near the noise there should have been made for that play.

Side note talking to the other kids they're like it's cause he's black. Sad they they don't realise this kid probably lives and breaths basketball each day and has practiced dunks over a thousand times.

Reply #533727 | Report this post

busted rings  
Years ago

Add to that use voice to communicate to team mates regarding passes, screens etc.

Reply #533736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Torn nets?? OH NOES!!!!

I've never ever heard anyone suggest that dunking too early is a bad thing due to damaged hands.

Reply #533737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was watching some 12 year old dunks just the other day. Really impressive. My favourite ones were probably Vince Carter.

Reply #533742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 year old ... yeah sorry guys he isn't 12.

Reply #533746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

746 he's a bottom age U14 so he must be 12 right? :)

Reply #533749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't he even knows how old he is

Reply #533750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think"

Reply #533751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we must all remember that you are talking about a 12 year old boy here. Can we take out poppy scissors down for a moment and actually appreciate talent. It shouldn't matter what club he plays for, just support local talent and it will boost basketball in SA. That should be the goal, not worrying about hurting his hand dunking for breaking a net (hahaha), imagine a coach in America telling a young Kobe, don't practice dunking, you might hurt your hand or damage a net. Seriously, you guys are better than this, support the kid, don't make statements such as "even he doesn't know how old he is". Get over you inter-club jealousy. I'm not a member or any club, and yes I have seen this young talented athlete play, so having no bias allows me to tell you that your small time bickering is damaging to the game.

rant over
]

Reply #533763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Get lost.)

Reply #533764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I played against David Andersen in under 12s and he was 6"6 with a turnaround fadeaway from the post that didn't miss.

Most kids with a future in basketball should be able to at least grab the rim by age 13-14. Dunking at age 12/13 is ahead of the curve although not crazy.

Reply #533768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bunch of friggen sooks.

"My little Richie isnt as tall, as good and the kid is black anyways so I'm gonna lay claim (without ANY proof) that he's too old!"

Reply #533807 | Report this post

Fact Or Fiction  
Years ago

It's seems that this is a repeatedly common theme with Sudanese kids? Why is it assumed they are all older than the age they are playing?

Reply #533812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the game?

Reply #533817 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754