RMQ
Years ago

Potential NBL imports from this year's NBA Draft

Last year we saw an influx of younger talent into the NBL.

Who do we think - from this year's NBA draft pool - we'll see in the NBL?

I'm hoping for JP Tokoto or Norman Powell to the Wildcats - we need a legit SG to compliment Beal.

Topic #37310 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBryan Nash could be someone we will see here and maybe Joseph Young mainly just on where they are supposed to be getting drafted.

Reply #534000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rashad Vaughan

Reply #534007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chasson randle

Reply #534016 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Justin Hamilton

Reply #534018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Larry Nance would be good in the nbl

Reply #534023 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

I know he's not a draftee. But why not pursue the likes of Seth Curry? Might be a long shot i know, but it would sure garner some media Attention. Especially with Bogut and Steph in the stands watching on!

The NBL needs to think marketing as well as talent. Seth is fringe NBA anyhow. Not followed his form too hard but ive seen him play the odd game he was solid.

Its all well and good to get a Draftee or two or more in the NBL, it lifts the level of the game for sure! However it doesn't really get that many new NBL fans involved.

A name like Curry is now know well beyond committed NBL/NBA fans. Why not cash in on it. The NBL needs NEW bums on seats.

Reply #534072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure if he was willing any team would be happy to jump at him. He seems content at this stage to play D-League and wait for futher opportunities though. Its not like he needs to worry about money with his family.

I agree though it would be a great get, both talent wise and marketing value. As an undersized shooting combo guard he'd be a good fit at a lot of clubs

Reply #534081 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Seth has been receiving 10 day contracts here and there. I'm sure he wants to stay in the D-League and hope he can stick in someones roster at some point.

Would be very good in the NBL I imagine, when you see the success Rotnei Clark had as an undersized shooter

Reply #534091 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm hoping for JP Tokoto or Norman Powell to the Wildcats - we need a legit SG to compliment Beal.

Say WHAT?
Beal is about as "legit" a SG as we're gonna see in the NBL.
Besides the Cats have already signed Greenwood, and will no doubt be looking for another Aussie guard with their remaining points.

Their import slot is reserved for a Forward, probably a 3 (although I personally would prefer another 4, or at least a 3/4.)

Reply #534382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind Josh Richardson who the Heat just drafted for the wildcats he looks like an exciting athlete and the Wildcats already have a connection with the Heat from the Ennis days.

Reply #534444 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind Josh Richardson who the Heat just drafted for the wildcats he looks like an exciting athlete and the Wildcats already have a connection with the Heat from the Ennis days.

I won't even pretend to understand the NBA draft, so I have no clue at what level a draftee becomes an Ennis/DD, to be stashed away for a year.
The only thing I would say about Richardson, is the obvious, he was SG at college, so I think he would struggle playing even SF in the NBL.
Personally, I would like to see the Cats go for a Cady Lallane type, a big strong player who can post but also hit the 3. However I think they are looking for a Wing player, possibly somebody like Tokoto?

Reply #534507 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

With all the Cats $$$ why dont they go for a more proven talent at the import sf spot??

Someone like Childress, Ere, Donta Smith or a similar resume with some good NBA/Euro experience.

I just reckon for every James Ennis you get you will get 5-10 average players and you will see exactly why they are not in the NBA whilst Ennis is.

Daniels was ok, but nothing close to Ennis.

Just dont see why they take such a gamble.

Or are the proven guys I mentioned above just way too expensive for even the Wildcats to bring in???

Reply #534509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754