Let's be honest
Years ago

Bogut article on playing for Australia

Just read an article on ABC stating that from a column Bogut wrote he can't wait to play for the boomers in the up coming qualifying series against NZ. This article is post winning the NBA championship and seems to be on the money that he will be playing. Nice to see him make the effort after not seeing him in a Boomers Jersey for so long for various reasons.

Topic #37323 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Flies in this weekend, resumes training Monday and to say hes chaffing at the bit to rip into the Kiwis would be an understatement.

Reply #534186 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Awesome, just bought 3 tickets for $400

Reply #534187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope this silences some of the haters

Reply #534189 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I quickly read this as "Can't play for Australia".

Haha Old habits die hard.

Reply #534190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The pricing for this game is over the top and keeps many families away, surely they are not seriously thinking that by asking such outrageous prices they will endear themselves to the fans?

Ridiculously over priced, I can't afford to go with my two kids, just out of reach for so many it is a joke!

Reply #534191 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Finally. I hope a FTA channel will snap this up.

Reply #534193 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Not many tickets left for the Melbourne game.

Reply #534209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The pricing for this game is over the top and keeps many families away, surely they are not seriously thinking that by asking such outrageous prices they will endear themselves to the fans?

Ridiculously over priced, I can't afford to go with my two kids, just out of reach for so many it is a joke!"

If the game is a sell-out, then the ticket prices are spot on, maybe even too low.

Reply #534214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the pricing is totally fair. Needs to be compared against similar events.

Reply #534216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many seats is there, could they have held it in a bigger stadium?

Reply #534217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Not many tickets left for the Melbourne game."

How many have been sold?

Reply #534219 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Will Steven Adams be playing?

Reply #534220 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

It's priced as an entertainment 'event' not as a basketball game. Its selling point is the rarity with which first tier Boomers can be seen playing together in Australia. So, marketing wise, it's on a par with an international performer's pop concert or Cirque du Soleil tour. The prices reflect that.

Reply #534221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Will Steven Adams be playing?"

Yes he will

Reply #534232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pricing over the top? LOLOLOL! 2 meaningful international games featuring some of the best ever to wear the green & gold for < $40 yeah what a rip off! Must be why 4 of the 5 ticket categories are close to fully sold. Several thousand people clearly don't agree with the over the top pricing opinion.

Here's a tip #191 if it's too expensive for your family outing then choose something else for them. The rest of us are happy to pay this price for this event and the packed out arena will be proof that the pricing level was just fine. What this ensures is that the people there actually want to be there and will enjoy themselves and contribute to a great atmosphere instead of using the event for a cheap place to shove their kids for 5 hours and take seats away from actual fans.

Reply #534240 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Will Steve Adams be playing???

Tall Blacks hopeful that Steven Adams will be available

They have yet to gain a commitment of any form for Adams to play.

Reply #534241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less than $40 per ticket? Are you talking about the same game anon 240? More like $100

Reply #534243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes when I posted that there were tickets available for less than $40. I just looked now and they're all sold out. Guess they must of been too expensive hey. Cheapest ones now are $61.17. Bet ya they don't last long either now that Bogut has said he wants to play. He has lots of haters on here but true bball fans know he's a top player and a drawcard.

Reply #534246 | Report this post

Kaiju  
Years ago

I think it is pretty reasonable, wildcats silver seats are close to $40 so a quality boomers game surely worth the money

Reply #534247 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

While the price is worth it to see so many AUssie NBA'ers, I must say this game could get ugly very quick. New Zealand do not have the horses to keep it interesting much longer than a half. If they are in it til 3 quarter time they will have won a moral victory. Kirk Penney isn't available, nor are a few other guys. 4 of the starting 5 will make a shake of it but their bench is weak.

Reply #534248 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

It's being played at Rod Laver Arena, which has a capacity of around 15,000, and I think is the biggest available?
Unless you put a court in the middle of Docklands Stadium!?!
I don't know who makes the money from this, but hopefully BA gets some, and I'm sure they can use it.

If you just wanted a family outing, there were cheap seats available.
As somebody mentioned, this is a very limited opportunity to see a proper Boomers line-up playing.
I contemplated buying tickets to see Neal Diamond, and these are cheaper.

If you are looking for a cheaper Basketball Alternative for your family, then take them to an SEABL game...

Reply #534370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neil Diamond?
Whoa ... and to think I had you pegged as someone under 60yo.

Reply #534392 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

They see to have released more tickets. Plenty of seasons available in category 2.

Reply #534471 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Neil Diamond?
Whoa ... and to think I had you pegged as someone under 60yo.

I'm under 50, so you think I should be lining up to see Justin Beaver? Or No Direction?

Reply #534508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 50, not under 15. Relax little man

Reply #534510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754