Isaac
Years ago

Adam Gibson re-signs in Adelaide

Channel Ten on Twitter:

We're chatting to @Adelaide36ers skipper Adam Gibson, who has just signed a 1 year contract extension.

Topic #37332 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Only 1 season, interesting. Well with the right imports, this team could be decent. Hoping Gibbo plays a more attacking offensive game without Wilson dominating the ball as much.

Reply #534372 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

1 season seems to me like a hedge for that Brisbane team to finally get up.

Reply #534374 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah exactly what i was thinking! No way he stays in Adelaide past next season... unless the 36ers have had a complete brain Implosion they would've wanted to offer more than 1 season, and most athletes will look for the most security possible so read between the lines.

Reply #534377 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

He didn't have a terrific 14/15 season. Perhaps he signed the 1 year deal to maximize the value of a longer-term contract, independent of the incoming expansion team(s)?

Either way, barring a career-ending injury this would seem a smart move on his part IMO.

Reply #534379 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Don't worry youv've got the tried and proven Nathan Sobey for three seasons. Great signing.

Reply #534389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope he plays better than he did in the previous finals. He looked like he was playing head games with himself and just couldn't be the player he should have been.

Reply #534390 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

This is just Gibbo being smart. He knows he didn't have a great season and is taking a minor pay cut now and betting on himself to have a better season and cash in. This is what Jimmy Butler did with the Bulls and that paid dividends for him.

Reply #534391 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

http://tenplay.com.au/sport/2015/6/25/Sixers%20signing

Reply #534394 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The man himself courtside @ the Harlem Globetrotters game & played the shooting game @ half-time.

When asked his name by the MC he said "these are my fans" and waved to the crowd before shooting.

Good signing and hoping for a better season from the bloke.

Reply #534404 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A good signing, even if only for one year. Realistically there are no other local players at his position that are better than him (even if some might be equivalent).

At his best, he is very very good. He started last year playing like he had just played at a World Championships and deserved to be a Boomer. Unfortunately did not maintain that form or confidence.

Reply #534430 | Report this post

Shot Blocker  
Years ago

Adam Gibson should not be in the same sentence as Jimmy Butler.
Why give an over rated guy an over paid year so he can go to Brisbane next year, if he doesn't want to be here we don't want him.

Reply #534434 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Obviously Butler is superior to Gibbo Shot Blocker. They're doing the same things regarding there contracts.

Reply #534480 | Report this post

Shot Blocker  
Years ago

I get that Butler is far superior but Gibson has never been brilliant for us, seems more interested in his own self than team.
For a 1 year signing it seems to smell to much like Brisbane next season, all I am saying is if you want him put it on him to commit or let him go for the sake of 1 year if he doesn't want to be here

Reply #534483 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, let him go and pick from the amazing range of available Australian combo guards of equivalent talent level... One year deal will motivate him to perform which is in his interests and that of the club.

We know what an average year of his looks like and it still meant post-season. That beats gambling on an import. Might as well grab Gibson, hope he plays better, keep two import spots spare, and deprive another team from being able to use him.

Reply #534489 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

I'd take Adam Gibson for one season if thats all he can agree to at reasonable dollars. Yes we all hope and expect more teams next season, even our coach may leave (and some players would follow him) but there is a Championship to win.
At this stage Gibson is the only "real" Boomer (selected in last Olympics and World Championship)in the NBL. Why would you weaken this years team because he might be keeping options open for next year. He has the right to chose where he lives and where he earns his money, just like the rest of us.

Keep the best Aussie and a great coach while you've got them, then get two great imports and see if you can create something special this year. Who knows what will happen next year.

Reply #534493 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I got the impression of him being slowed down by an american import guard playing for the sixers last season. I disremember his name.

Reply #534501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754