Isaac
Years ago

Aldridge reportedly tells Blazers he won't be back

Might be wrong, but I'm going to put a bet on the Spurs for next year just in case. Not sure how they can fit him in though.

The writing is on the wall that we've seen the last of LaMarcus Aldridge in a Portland Trail Blazers uniform. Their trade of Nicolas Batum on Wednesday might not be the end of Portland's roster overhaul.

A Western Conference executive with knowledge of the Aldridge pursuit has told The Columbian that the free-agent has already informed the Blazers that he will not return to the Northwest.
Full article

Topic #37335 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I'd rather see him at the Spurs than Lakers.

They have a better equipped team in the short term and isn't he from Texas originally?

Reply #534407 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I thought this might happen, would love to see him at Spurs somehow!

Reply #534408 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Bobby Tables...Aldridge is from Chicago I believe?

Reply #534428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are always talking about him being from Texas from memory that is why there was alwyas the Dallas talk in the past.

Reply #534429 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaMarcus_Aldridge

Drafted by Chicago; born and raised in Texas

Reply #534459 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

I'm with Isaac on this. LaMarcus is a Texas native, and has expressed a desire to return home. The only place he really works is San Antonio. Hmm, interesting lineup.

Parker/Mills
Ginobili/Green
Leonard/Anderson
Aldridge
Duncan/Splitter/Baynes

Not sure this helps Baynes' minutes.

Reply #534543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duncan is a power forward, arguably the best one ever, so Baynes playing back up centre will probably get a decent amount of minutes.

Reply #534544 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Agreed that Timmy is a PF however you would want Aldridge and TD on the court together for spacing, so by default TD plays the 5, and then shifts to 4 when Splitter or Baynes comes on.

(And I'm not a Splitter fan)

Reply #534548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't count laker out

Three good young guys plus plenty of cap room coming up

Also LA lives in LA

Reply #534570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dallas Mavericks, the torch will be passed.

Reply #534606 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754