Isaac
Years ago

Sydney Kings sign forward Jeromie Hill

Recently worked out with the Spurs. Signed for two years.

Topic #37365 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please delete above topic Isaac. Thanks. Great pickup. All the idiots a few weeks ago were complaining about the signing of Jacob Jackomas. What a difference a few weeks makes eh.

Reply #535067 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUmzT6-QNI8

Looks a lil slow - could this be an issue in the NBL?

Kings will have a massive front court with Garlep Kazzough and Hill.

Throw in Childress as well.

Hill should be able to stretch the floor with his shooting ability to.

Markovich should be averaging 10 assists a game!

Reply #535070 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Wow very tall lineup, 6ers will need to get a big import for sure now, won't be able to compete on the boards with the likes of the Kings. I can see this team going very deep.

Reply #535071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He looks slow, but looks like he can really stretch the floor, and he looks reasonably strong so I hope he can crash the board, Also who will we play behind, Tom Garlepp, or will he play small forward behind Jchill? (If we get josh back)

Reply #535073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And so this is how the line up will look, or will Jeromie play SF
PG: Markovic/Cadee
SG: Import that can play both 1 and 2/ Local Aussie
SF: Childress/ Local Aussie
PF: Garlepp/ Hill
C: Khazzouh/ Brandt

Reply #535075 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hill was All-Conference USA First Team last season and dominated. Sweet shooter with range to beyond the arc. They will stretch teams this season with Khazzouh onboard too.

Reply #535079 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It's a similar case to Ellis and where does he fit? Is he too slow for the SF in this league (quite possibly), or is he undersized/understrength to play the 4?

Either way, a good signing I think, will be interesting to see how he works out compared to what Trist and/or Rowley do if they're picked up...

Reply #535088 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Is Ellis still contracted to the Kings/

Reply #535119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I liked J Chill at the 4 last year and thought it was his best position in the NBL as he would get a slower player on him and do his drive and spin stuff and he more then held his own on defence and on the boards there.

It looks like I won't get to see him there this season altough with J Hill and Khazzouh having the ability to step outside and knock down shots I assume we will see J Chill work smallers player down on the low block.

Assuming he signs that is....

Reply #535122 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

sources say that Jchill is close to signing with the kings so hopefully that source is right, because we need him

Reply #535127 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@RMQ - Cody isn't contracted, no... and going by his "use it as motivation" tweet recently, I think they have told him that he's not being re-signed... A shame, I think he did well in limited minutes, especially defensively, but for some reason (probably the limited minutes) couldn't get his shot consistent and looked to fall out of favour with Coach Cotter...

Reply #535130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess you might fall out of favour if you can't do the job you were employed to do. A bit like your real job except if you cant do what you are required to do in the 'real world' you would be sacked.

Reply #535131 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Well, if I was only given 1 minute in every 10 to do my job, I'd find it a bit hard to be effective as well...

Reply #535132 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cody's lack of minutes last season was a bit puzzling, especially with his effort on the defensive end.

I like the look/sound of Hill.

Reply #535134 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

He is a bit slow, and I do wonder how that will translate in the NBL. He looks like he has some tools, and some range. I am just hoping he doesn't up being another Ben Allen. He looks like, at best, a solid 7-10 man.

Reply #535142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Slow? He's no greyhound but not too many 6'8 white guys are. What I'm seeing is good footwork, good hands and a sweet sweet stroke on the 3 ball. Excited to see him in action. Highlight reels never show "D" so hopefully he has an inclination on that end as well. Looks like a good pickup

Reply #535143 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Sounds like we should have a pretty fun season this year. A lot of teams making good signings. Really only Townsville that have gone backwards (which is a bit of an expectation these days, sadly), everyone else has either signed the existing players they wanted to, or improved on what they already had.

Reply #535146 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think the slow comments are sort of valid... it's not like we're expecting him to be Speedy Gonzalez, but from what we've been used to in the NBL is the more leaner sort of 4s or the ones big enough to play the 5 in a pinch, whereas Jeromie looks that old school solid 4 that is too big/slow (compared to the competition at that spot) to fill in at the 3, but also not big enough to really work the... That's fine, but it's a talking point... He actually looks a bit like Oscar (without the aversion to going inside the painted area), but if he merged with bucket arse, sorry, Tony Ronaldson...

I agree though, this season is shaping up to be pretty darn exciting and I can't wait for it to get started!

Reply #535161 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Slow?
Do people actually watch the NBL?
Big Slow white guys are the backbone of the league!

Reply #535166 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You do realise the NBL is one of the fastest moving leagues in the world Dazz?

Reply #535167 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Shoots like Forman but can play the post.

Reply #535262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754