Annon
Years ago

Hi BSA, anyone home ?????

No team photos for U16 State Teams on website
No BSA Management at Jumper presentations on Monday
No note on web site to say " good luck" and thanks for giving up 5 months of weekends to train,trial, scrimmage and then selected.

Great work

Anyway, good luck to coaches and players and the many parents travelling extra distances on the week of watching their children represent the state at the championships.

As and organisation , I think BSA should really be held to task for the lack of support to these teams.

If they win gold, they will be the first to be at the airport to welcome them home.......

Topic #37375 | Report this topic

Maybe they are all at home and not at work, that could be the problem.

Reply #535227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to hear this too bad your son or daughter doesn't live in the country where the grass is greener and they receive great support from SAC

Reply #535242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to all the SA teams going

Reply #535243 | Report this post

huh?  
Years ago

What makes it worse is if you do go to the BSA site and click on the High Performance tab and then select State Teams you're presented with the team lists from 2013!!! WOW!!! What great recognition for the best metro U16 kids we have. Surely its not that hard to keep a website up to date, surely.

Reply #535260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Were the presentations on the same night? I saw the High Performance manager in the photos for that event in his SAC shirt.

Reply #535266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Metros was held on Monday night who holds a presentation night on a Monday night

Reply #535269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Metro should look at how SAC look after their teams

Reply #535270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it more about what the kids do on the court ? Then if they have a photo taken with David Ingham I don't understand the issue

Reply #535271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Monday night NITP trainings

Reply #535272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't metro and country managed by the same HP Manager? Why is there any difference in how the programs are run?

If Metro isn't being run as well as SAC who is responsible for changing it?

So many questions, which BSA will fail to deal with.

Reply #535273 | Report this post

huh  
Years ago

It's not about getting a photo with Dave it's about someone in a high up position at BSA making an effort to attend the "going away party" and perhaps even host the evening instead of leaving it to the coaches. Just a show of support and appreciation from the powers that be for all their efforts would be nice. Like the OP said I'm sure if they medal it will be different when they come home.

Reply #535274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow was the presentations for Metro run last year does anyone know

Reply #535283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find that SA Country still have their own identity it's not run the same way

Reply #535284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State High Performance manager to help develop both the Metro and Country players I thought

Reply #535286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious? I played on many state teams and never had a presentation at all. Uniforms, tracksuits etc. were handed out at a training session. Sorry little Johnny or Mary is not put in the limelight for the parents to gloat. Go ahead and win something and then I'm sure you'll be made a big deal of.

Reply #535290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes agreed
It's a privilege to represent your state all involved put a lot of time into it not just the parents

Reply #535297 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Didn't SAC steal the idea from Metro about presentations?

What so now they do it better or have SAM just fallen off the rails?

In a way it's just an added expense for parents anyway, anothe rmeal they have to buy, accommodation for SAC parents.

Reply #535324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not a parent of any State player but I heard Laura Hodges did a good job of speaking at the Singlet presentation for the State U/16 Metro teams. However, I do know that the evening had very poor representation from BSA and it was left up to the girls coach to act as an MC through part of the evening.

The lack of photographs had been really evident on social media. SA Country girls getting it done in public relations!

And no, I'm not a parent or any relation to any of the players in either boys or girls teams and don't belong the this coaching staff.

A very poor effort BSA, such a little thing, and so easy to organise !!

Reply #535590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754