RMQ  
Years ago

Finally OLischal

Reply #535857 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In case you've forgotten, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLSBCZYcMN0

I will be interested to see if he is the same player though. The past two years in Europe he's been playing a completely different role as a PG who initiates the offence and then spreads the floor.

Reply #535860 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Hawks have been my #2 team for quite a while now.
They're in danger of giving #1 a shake the way things are going! ;)

Great to see Lisch back in the NBL.

Reply #535861 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Geez, Hawks flush with money now?

Good to see teams stacking up the talent

Reply #535862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks assembling an ok team. Pity they persisted with Demos.

Reply #535864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Demos is rated a 2 and has a 2 point loyalty discount. Is that even legal? Shouldn't he be banished to the role of mascot for that sort of thing? I hope his stats dont drop again this year - could be the first minus player in the league!

Reply #535877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now they just need Zac Delaney and they are set

Reply #535878 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Geez, Hawks flush with money now?

Good to see teams stacking up the talent

All that money Spenceley saved while not paying any of teh staff or players during VA ;)

Reply #535881 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Very happy to see D Lisch back in the league. Shame it wasn't back with Perth. Can't overlook Beal though

Reply #535882 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

What sort of player will they be looking for as there 2nd import?

Reply #535884 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

I would say an athletic combo forward would go nicely.

Reply #535896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jahii Carson

Reply #535899 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Don't even joke about that, Jahii Carson is an annoying stubborn and arrogant person. And he isn't even that good at basketball

Reply #535900 | Report this post

Hardwood Hero  
Years ago

Rashad, We know Bevo signed for 1yr & the Lisch article states "Kevin Lisch to the club for the upcoming NBL season". Guessing they maybe coming "home" the season after this one.

Reply #535903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damo to join next season.

Reply #535907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo taking his talents to City Beach and quality players will lining up to join him ;-)

Reply #535910 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

The other import needs to be a 3 who can even slide to the 4 at a pinch but they are tough to find. If they get defence and rebounding out of this import they are in great shape.
Then they need to add the final pieces and I wouldn't mind those two being Carter and Ellis.

Reply #535919 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Lisch coming back is awesome, we all know what he can do but this is truly a chance to see how much we remember his ability in a decades time!

Part of me still wants to see how good Durrell Summers is in a Hasks outfit... But was he more of a 2-3 than a 3-4?

Super team so far with Illawarra and I'm fascinated by whom will get the minutes, especially the forwards if they go for an import 3-4 and I wonder how many minutes Martin will get if he remains the main ball handler (he has had an import ball handler with him for a few seasons but I'm not sure how much we can count Showron Glover). I wonder if they will go for someone like Brad Robbins too but he seemed overweight when I seen him at Wildcats games since his retirement

Reply #535965 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I guess we all saw that one coming a long ways off.

Does make me wonder though, how have the Hawks gone form not having a pot to piss in, and leaving a number of suppliers in the lurch, to signing Bevo and Lisch?

Reply #535967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig who played in Cairns last season would be great for the hawks

Now all we need is for the Crocs to grab
Rotnei Clarke and the nbl would be amazing again

Reply #535985 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I'm guessing Lisch mainly went over because of Bevo. And with his wife being from Sydney and having played in the NBL before, it may not be all about money for him at this stage.

Bevo from what I hear loves an underdog type challenge, and a club like the Hawks is perfect for him (unlike a powerhouse like Perth where the challenge is to win a championship and keep your job)

So, it may not all be about the money.

Reply #536011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754