Anonymous
Years ago

Is PC back at 36ers this year?

What's the go?

I reckon he can still add value in limited minutes.

Hit a couple big shots last season, capable of the same again I would've thought.

Topic #37428 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

Doubtful. only have one roster spot left outside of Aussies

Reply #536197 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

What do people think of bringing him back to Perth to come off the bench as the 10th man?

Reply #536199 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Not gonna happen. They would prefer a Development player.

Reply #536200 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Please not the 36ERS! They need a shooter, but last year shows Pete is not up to NBL level any more in my opinion.

Reply #536204 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

PC was an excellent player for us at the time. But he's now 35, and effectively past playing a permanent role.
It's not just the minutes, its the quality of those minutes, and he's just nolonger upto his best.

Reply #536228 | Report this post

WAB  
Years ago

PC can definitely still compete at the NBL level; he's got a savvy, old mans game. It would just be a matter of him adjusting to a more limited role due to his age.

Reply #536253 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think he would be a gun for the Wildcats, let's be honest with Beal, Marto and Greenwiod ahead of him, we know Trev won't play him many minutes but he played U'u and Ross some minutes throughout the season and you have to believe that PC's shooting would be more than what those two offered and ultimately gave.

Reply #536279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is he is healthier right now than all of last season. Timing is everything and the right club the right coach could really maximise his qualities. The guy is not afraid of the moment. Big time shooters shoot, Joey didnt create one set play for him all of last season.... think about it.

Reply #536297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs might be the best bet

Reply #536342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he would be a gun for the Wildcats, let's be honest with Beal, Marto and Greenwiod ahead of him, we know Trev won't play him many minutes but he played U'u and Ross some minutes throughout the season and you have to believe that PC's shooting would be more than what those two offered and ultimately gave.

No, he's past it. Why would the Cats want to go backwards?
We played Ross and U'U because that's who we had, and to be fair they both showed promise and the potential to improve. The problem with PC is that you know he's only going to get older and slower.
If he were 5 years younger, and happy to play the bench, then I'd have him back in a heartbeat. He was one of my favourites during that era.

Reply #536495 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

If he was 5 years younger and happy to play the bench?

Is everyone forgetting this guy went to the 2012 Olympics? He was one of only 2 local NBL players to go to London.

How much can someone decline in 3 years?

Reply #537337 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:47 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754