Anonymous
Years ago

COE in the SEABL?

Aren't the the COE Men's team playing anymore games in the SEABL this season?

Topic #37447 | Report this topic

Alpha  
Years ago

They have 4 more games left:

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?c=1-3363-150604-345137-20161522&a=SFIX

Reply #536605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 games too many.

Reply #536607 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Last game for these athletes is tail end of a double header then the ones going over to the States for college can go home for a week to rest before they fly out Alpha, it is a busy schedule for them all, especially so for those who recently went to Greece also...

Reply #536789 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

They are coming your way Bear :) although the team will be depleted since the college boys have already left the CoE

Reply #536792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know which boys are replacing those at the CoE who have left recently? Have heard a few whispers but nothing confirmed

Reply #536815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One would have to be Glover since he made 19s side.One other from NSW contry 18s and the rest from 16s.

Reply #536841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would they be looking at 16s too young

Reply #536843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glover and Matthew Kenyon from NSW Country were the rumours I heard

Reply #536845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name the states your whispers are from!!! Plenty of players from 16s nationals before.

Reply #536846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Glover, Kenyon year 12 this year or 11.

Reply #536848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glover Year 11, Kenyon Year 12 I believe

Reply #536881 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Alpha, too true, I think I will try to get to both the Ballarat game and the one in Geelong if I can, looking forward to catching up with some of the kids and thier parents...

Who is it that has already gone to the USA, seems a bit early, but I guess some colleges want them there sooner?

Reply #536907 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

@Bear

they have not "gone" gone. At the moment all kids are on well deserved break but will leave early August, or at least Blagojevic, McVeigh and Krebs will do, not sure about Hunter though. Word is that Gak is moving to the states too to continue HS, so the team basically would be down to 1 big (Froling).

Not sure who will replace them but Gus has a decent chance due to his involvement with u19. Makes sense bringing some of the youngsters ie S. Froling or Colina but it would be a huge step for them to play against men. I would expect them to be invited to join the Center in the next year though.

Reply #536945 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Interesting, I guess there is always a time when the CoE is changing the guard and a very young team has to push through until they develop and get stronger.

I am aware of those who are going over to college, cool, I will have a chat to some of them when I see them before they go.

Next year there will also be a good crop with some Vic kids like Seb, Jack White, Owies, Wilson, Dejan and a few others moving through to college after completing year 12. Not all can go to CoE but they are all talented enough...

Reply #536978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754