auslot
Years ago

navy seals return for the cheerleaders maybe?

Jack toft mentioned about bringing back the navy seals for the cheerleaders.

Cant confirm or deny whether the cheerleaders are here next season but bringing back the seals seems a nice change up. As one of the original seals of ten years ago (gee was it that long ago) i enjoyed making sure the opposition knew they were in the powerhouse and doing my bit for the club.

I am possibly still the only person with the sixers club song as a ring tone on my mobile phone and my biggest decision in the morning is to decide do I wear this 36ers shirt or that 36ers shirt.

so what form would you like to see the seals back? dance routines, cheersquad, photo with a seal for example. any suggestons here? maybe if we get a good response i might take it to the club

so what would you like to see the seals do for the club if resurrected?

Topic #37477 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

Personally and no offence I would rather the cheerleaders. To me its more of an institution and something you associate with basketball, also the girls ;-)

Reply #537261 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Shouldn't they be fighting ISIS?

Reply #537276 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

surely the cheerleaders are a better defence against Isis that Navy Seals?

Make pompoms not war.

Reply #537317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'So what would you like to see the seals do for the club if resurrected?'

answer: Stay un-resurrected!

Reply #537326 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

auslot, great post!

I think a combination of the cheerleaders on the court with the Seals around the court would be good. Maybe the volunteers on game night could be renamed "Seal Team 36"

"Seal Team 36" could be the ones greeting people coming into the stadium and providing entertainment for the kids. Work them in with a few sponsors handing out stuff and I think that would add to a night's fun.

During half time etc, they could help with the skits and setups as some people do already.

The original team had a great mix of characters as well. "Booga" was one that stands out, I seem to recall one night he was getting back over an advertising sign and he fell (I know you shouldn't laugh at someone's misfortune, but he pulled it off like he meant to fall on Ben Fitz's head)

I think find a group of extraverted fans who love to overact and have a bit of fun

Reply #537327 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

hey jack

thanks for the constructive reply and just what I was looking for.

dont remember that one with booga but yes we used to get up to silly things.

Agreed about out the front. think that was missing this last year but i volunteer for the club and when they say jump on the way up i am asking how high.

we could hold auditions like we did ten years ago and see what each person could bring to the table.

might need some fresh blood to spice things up a bit.

anybody else?

Reply #537360 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I had no idea there was a club 36ers song. Is it on the youtubes?

Reply #537393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Booga!!

Can we also bring him back to the forum to resume his battle with Spadge? That was always funny reading. At last count Booga was way out in front on that one.

Reply #537419 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

got no idea about youtube but managed to rip it off a cd then turn it into a mp3 then send it via bluetooth to my then nokia phone.that was ten years ago, its now on my latest samsung note3

I wonder if they are coming up with a new version?

no its not on youtube

Reply #537424 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Maybe it was someone else but I remember one night the guys were racing back to their seats and what would have been a classic ended up being an epic fail as one seal got caught up in the sign

Reply #537443 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754