A. Bitoni Fan
Years ago

Ennis struggling, roster spot in jeopardy?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/basketball/one-word-sums-up-heat-guard-james-ennis-summer-ter/nmzrc/

As a fan, I've been keeping an eye on his Summer League box scores and they haven't made for pretty reading.

This article talks about his struggles for confidence right now and also the Heat have a pretty strong wing rotation right now with Wade/Deng/Winslow/Green. Even this year's 2nd round pick J. Richardson appears to have outplayed Ennis in the Summer Leagues so far.

Alas, Summer League isn't the be-all and end-all and he will still get training camp and probably some pre-season games to prove his worth. Also, he built up some credit with the coaching staff for his efforts last year so a few weeks of poor play in Summer League won't undo that.

If he was to be casted aside by the Heat, I would still expect him to pick up a contract with another NBA team.

Update: Ennis had 13pts and 9 rebs in today's game, but on just 4/16 FG (0/8 3PT) and with 7 turnovers. Another ugly stat-line. Richardson (who I was hoping would land in a Perth jersey this season!) top scored with 23pts and added 4 steals.

Topic #37498 | Report this topic

justin  
Years ago

Not the superstar he thought he was.

Reply #537725 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

I'll be happy to see him in red again

Reply #537726 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Aye, same here!

Reply #537747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.hngn.com/articles/109933/20150716/miami-heat-rumors-james-ennis-roster-spot-in-danger.htm

Thank you for rewriting this article for us

Reply #537755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the superstar he thought he was

And how many years have YOU played in the NBA?

Ennis was a BRILLIANT NBL player, one of the best we have seen. But there's a reason he was playing in the NBL.

To go from the NBL, to the NBA, in one step, was simply awesome.
But the reason its awesome, is because there's a such a huge difference in quality. NBA quality players don't generally play in the NBL, and Vice Versa.

I know a lot of wankers ragged on his first season in the NBA, but had it been any better it would have meant that somebody made an awful mistake sending him to Perth the preceding year.
Say what you want about whether Miami wanted to sign him but couldn't, he was always going to be a fringe player, and being a fringe player means fighting for your spot.

Reply #537869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754