Sixers Fan
Years ago

Kyle Fogg and the 36ers

I've seen some rumours about this guy on Twitter being connected to the Sixers. Is a combo guard and a great scorer, he scored 51 in a game in Belgium. And he averaged 5 assists per game. Anyone know anything about him with Adelaide?

Topic #37533 | Report this topic

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

Not got the foggiest idea !

Reply #538367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the quality like in Belgium though?

Reply #538370 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

He is a 6'3 guard who played college ball at Arizona.

in his senior year in 2012 he averaged 13pts, 2 ast, shot 44% from 3p range.

So seems like a decent option and is the right style of player we are looking for, ie a combo guard who can shoot the 3.

His college stats tack up with many very good imports who have played in the NBL, so sounds like a decent option, but wouldnt be someone you would break the bank to get. Those stats are of similar level to Rotnei Clarkes college stats for example, if he is that good he would be a great find.

Reply #538376 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

His college career wasn't quite as good as Rotnei's, but Clarke is a pretty special player. Even if Fogg got somewhere near that level in the NBL he would be a sound import.

Reply #538377 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Sounds promising enough. I like that 3pt%, it's something we could definitely use in our team.
Don't know a thing about him though.

Reply #538379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'3, well can't afford for him to shrink upon arrival like many others at that height!

Reply #538381 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Watching his highlights he looks like a gun. He had a 51 point game! Looks like a very good choice if we get him.

Reply #538385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

51 doesn't mean much in the overall evaluation of a guy. What brings to the table time and again is the key....

Reply #538387 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

51 points in Belgium probably isn't his selling point. Belgium aren't in the conversation for great international leagues or being a world basketball power.

He looks like Joey Wright's "type". Short, quick, gets up and down, likes his own shot. I don't know, I would be more inclined to give Gary Ervin another try than to pick up this guy.

Gary has experience in the league and is a known commodity to the fans, the coach and the players. This Fogg guy looks "errr...... okay" but wont be a draw card from fans and doesn't look to have any skills that Gary doesn't already have.

Reply #538389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gary and Joey didn't see eye to eye from all accounts, best try this guy or similar because Gary won't be back.

Reply #538393 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

No No we do not want Ervin back whether Joey like him or not.

Reply #538434 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

GWB...Fogg is taller than Gary, has a pretty good wingspan and is a pretty good defender from all reports. He has also gone pretty far on Houstons and Denvers NBA Summer teams getting cut late like Motum.

I read an article not so long ago about some diamonds in the rough over in Europe and Fogg was mentioned along with DJ Kennedy who a lot of people seem to want...?! I'll see if I can find the article and post it...

He could be average, good or above average that's just the name of the game when selecting imports. Deandre Daniels had a better resume than Rotnei Clarke for example but look who had more of an impact in the NBL.

If he is our import I think wait and see....he could be a steal and if he is a dud I believe the Sixers will make the cut and swap.

Reply #538523 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Pity Gary couldn't keep a cool head as he brought spunk to the team. Loved Wilson but hated his defensive holes, lot us a few games. If Fogg can go it at both ends and use his wings to get int he passing lanes then bring him in.

Reply #538574 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Just found out that Kyle Fogg and DJ Kennedy are good friends played together in the D-League and The Basketball Tournament. Imagine that import tandem.

Reply #538765 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754