Kolo Mee
Years ago

Points ratings - European league players

We know about the automatic 3 rating applied to players returning from college. How are the ones for players returning or joining from European leagues determined? Is it purely reputational?

For instance, how do you determine Lisch @ 10, Goulding @ 9 and Khazzouh @ 8?

Topic #37554 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Lisch is an import, Goulding returned from Europe and Khazzouh returned from Asia.

Re European returnees, I think the guideline is a 9pt rating they've been in a quality league, but I'm not sure how they figure out ratings for guys from lesser leagues.

Reply #538837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overseas Aussie playing in a lesser league is their choice and they will be a 9.
The whinging Barlows made that the case.

Reply #538853 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No they won't be a nine, guys like Carter and Majok have shown that. I don't know whether that was the rating initially given and they appealed, or if the league they were in is factored in when a rating is given.

Reply #538860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No leagues are factored in. Under the new structure who knows.
I don't know what points Carter came back on. Majok hasn't yet played. Don't know either. But IMO they both should be 9's.

Reply #538868 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Majok Majok was listed in the players returning from overseas in the ratings list as 5, wasn't he? So it looks like the Unitards got a bargain there!

The NBL web dude mentioned something on the twitter when Khazzouh came back about why he was an 8, so it seems that there is a reasoning in place... Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why Lisch was a 10 and Goulding a 9 though...

Reply #538871 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754