Flinders80
Years ago

How do clubs with smaller budgets engage fans

What things can a club do to influence fans to come to the games without spending a tone of money. Both during the off season, during the seasons and game night. Here are a couple of things I have come up with that do not require huge effort (either time or money)

Off Season - Change future contracts to include a greater time for players to spend in the community. Promote signings with professional shareable images. See United/Hawks signings.

Hawks - Kevin White Signing

Hawks - Kevin White Signing

This does not need to be an expensive task.

During Season - Engage local bloggers (10 with a viewer base of a certain level) with free All Access seasons tickets with conditions to write about the club/games each week. Packages up good news stories for the media so that they become fillers rather than waiting for the newspapers to do real journalism. It does not matter if they don't use them. Keep them coming pre-prepared

Game Night - Hook into the volunteer base to ensure you got operational people on the game nights to help with setups. Use the dimming of lights and spotlights to create suspense and along with intro videos before game. Again utilise people with the required skills with freebies like seasons tickets. Look at your halftime show and make sure that every game you have something modern and entertaining.

Many of the ideas I have presented just require engaging the right people with the required skills and finding out what's in it for them. Hooking into the volunteer network in your area for me is a great start.

I know there are many other ideas out there

Topic #37560 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Keep prices reasonable.

With your design/social, pay a pro to set a template and schedule, and then get a junior/volunteer to execute.

Something like that Kevin White promo is going to have to be custom for each player, but the junk the NBL was previously putting out could've been done by anyone using a template. If you have a better template, you'll at least have better output.

Don't try to be too clever with game nights. Keep them simple, consistent but well-executed.

Reply #538872 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I like how the A-League automatically follows back anyone that follows them on twitter, it's an easy free way to get your brand out there.

Reply #538929 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Couldn't they at least ask White to take off the Kings jersey for the HAWKS photoshoot?

Reply #538933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha,

Marcus, I don't think it was a custom photo shoot, that is how they keep costs down they used an old image

Reply #539155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754