Zodiac
Years ago

James Ennis NBA contract situation

It appears James Ennis was just about to be cut by the Heat but he and his agent have reworked his contract to now give the Heat more time to decide if he makes the roster or not.

The Miami Heat had until Saturday to make a decision on James Ennis: Guarantee his $845,000 contract for next season or buy him out for half.

The Heat wanted more time. Ennis gave it to them.

Ennis and the Heat are modifying his contract to allow Miami to put off that decision until opening night.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/james-ennis-allows-heat-to-push-back-decision-on-him-until-opening-night/

It could be shenanigans but what I found interesting is one of the comments below that article that Ennis supposedly has a 'back-up deal in Australia'. He's coming back out to Perth to do a clinic ?, perhaps if he gets released by the Heat we could see Ennis back with the Wildcats presumably for Prather?

Topic #37601 | Report this topic

Yep  
Years ago

Yes please

Reply #539832 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

36ers maybe

Reply #539835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eniss will sign with Melbourne

Reply #539836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to see him end up at United. A marquee player deserves a marquee team.

Reply #539837 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

That is a very interesting comment! And just ruffle some feathers what if it was say Adelaide, who have roster spots available and probably some $$ to use up. Its a business afterall so Ennis wouldnt care if it was Perth or anyone else as long as the money was right. And he really did stink it up in summer league, which was very surprising!

Reply #539838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be honest I think he would happily just go to the highest bidder. After seeing the impact he had here last time, there would be plenty of teams interested.
The lure of Ennis might even drag a few people out to that godforsaken shed that Sydney will be playing at this season.

Reply #539840 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

United would be a great fit! The marquee team/player comment is spot on. Cant wait for Cats4life tp get a hold of this news!

Reply #539842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United have two imports, unless they won't sign Holt.

Reply #539844 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

id happily send holt packing for ennis

Reply #539846 | Report this post

But everyone hated Ennis last time. Now you're all rushing to secure his signature?Classic!

Reply #539847 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

And whats your point? He was the classic sterotypical star you loved to hate because he was just that damn good. Hated Bradtke, Heal, Nielsen etc etc but wouldve loved them on my team. Just the way it goes.

Reply #539848 | Report this post

He was "simply just another import" a couple of years ago, according to you.

Reply #539850 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Not sure what your on about... certainly didnt like him but had to respect his game.

Reply #539852 | Report this post

IKMTB  
Years ago

Ennis to Illawarra as 2nd import if Heat contract falls through

Reply #539853 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Wouldnt even remotely surprise me!

Reply #539854 | Report this post

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/34135-ennis-misses-mvp-throws-all-star-trophy-off-wharf/#p467081

Reply #539856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo and Ennis?? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #539858 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Thats warranted and quite creepy of you all at the same time well done haha The emotions of a finals series get the better of us all at some point! I was speaking out of desperation for a miracle to happen more than anything. Top player, good for the league.

Reply #539859 | Report this post

Haha I used the search by username and just happened to land on that comment first go. Didn't have it stored anywhere for future use.

Reply #539861 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

So anyways, if the right things fall into place and Ennis became a Hawk, they would have to be one of the shortest priced title favourites for a long time. Bevo sure must be a nice guy to play for, based on the recruiting thats going on!

Reply #539862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd rather he stay in the US and we saw a new face than have him back in the nbl. Cracking it because he can't understand how mvp voting works? Bring back Rotnei. Humble and talented wins for mine.

Reply #539868 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I wonder if the Cats have an out clause on Prather ;P

Reply #539870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aren't imports contracts fully un-guaranteed up until about two months in or 10 games into the season?

Opening night in the NBA is late October so in theory would be able to ditch Prather and sign Ennis.

Reply #539874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG just imagine

R.Martin
K.Lisch
K.Penney
J.Ennis
AJ.Ogilvey

Reply #539884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never thought I would say this but do Perth even have the money to compete with Illawarra for James Ennis?

Reply #539885 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

i don't think Hawks have the capacity in their venue to break even if they were to get in a bidding war for Ennis. Would be suicide.

Reply #539888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends if he wants to come here to win a championship with that in mind Illawarra would be the better option

Reply #539891 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Welcome in Adelaide anytime.

Reply #539895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ Train: Yes we do and my mail is that the deal is as good as done.
James is actually a very standup guy. He has given The Heat more time, but if it falls through he is ready to suit up for the Wildcats. Ennis loves Perth and is happy to play for less than he could get elsewhere. Probably because he'll be banking a big cheque from Miami.

Reply #539899 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

haha, Ennis is all ego (decent player as well), he feeds off it and therefore wont go to any team that doesn't pull a big crowd. Perth is the only spot that can give him what he wants 12,000 adoring fans. Prather will be dropped if Ennis comes back but my money is on him staying in Miami for at least 1 more year.

Reply #539967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Ego' is not a dirty word!

Reply #539968 | Report this post

YOLO  
Years ago

So just a coincidence then that Ennis is meeting people in Melbourne this weekend.

Reply #539976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he gets training camp and pre season games to try and earn a roster spot. By that time won't NBL season have started already? So someone is going to have to sack an import pretty early to bring him in . Our should we keep our eye on the team that leaves an import slot vacant

Reply #539979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So just a coincidence then that Ennis is meeting people in Melbourne this weekend."

YOLO who told you that?

Reply #539995 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

A great fit in Cairns, 2 vacant import spots and solid Aussie frontline. Don't think we'd find the money for him though and wouldn't be worth the club going under just to fund him.

Reply #540009 | Report this post

I heard he is going to either Townsville or New Zealand. Have we covered everyone yet?

Reply #540021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'll be an assistant coach for the Wildcats

Reply #540023 | Report this post

YOLO  
Years ago

anon you will find out soon enough

Reply #540026 | Report this post

Its no secret he is in the country and doing promos on the east and west coast. It would be remiss of United not to chat to him while he is there.

Reply #540031 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

It would be great for the Wildcats if he go's back there but imagine if he came to arch rival Adelaide. What a story!

Reply #540032 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

United letting Holt go and picking Ennis could mean David Barlow gets to go back to playing PG like he did under Westover, which didn't go so well despite Westover insisting Barlow "likes to dribble".

Reply #540035 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

we can fit him in, he flew over Guam once, that's enough for us :)

Reply #540040 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Doesn't look promising for all the other teams dreaming of Ennis playing for them :P

Hope he makes it back with the Heat but would be huge for Perth if he doesn't

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/29163186/i-ll-play-for-wildcats-again-ennis/

Reply #540864 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Ennis wont be going to Hawks. Hawks do not have the money left and are looking for a SEABL import. But it is interesting that he can be seen on the recent Wildcats training tape from the NBL facebook. Prather and Greenwood doing their first training, and Ennis watching on. Make of it what you will, but I would be his first allegiance is very strongly with Perth.

Reply #540960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you make of it?

Reply #540964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch this space, its a done deal.
Sorry Prather, send us a postcard...

Reply #541266 | Report this post

Ok, watching...

Reply #541289 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Hoops.....where all the credible scoops come from Anon's :P

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong on this one however but I doubt we will se Ennis in the NBL this season.

Reply #541298 | Report this post

He is playing for the Pertawarrbourne Unihawkats, if the anons are to be believed.

Reply #541306 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754