Isaac
Years ago

NBL brand and sites to relaunch August 6

IT'S COMING: All sites will be unavailable this week, in preparation for the new NBL arriving on Thursday 6 August.

Hope they're not literally disabling all sites for the entire week. At least have something up with the schedule, etc.

Topic #37615 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome can't wait

Reply #540411 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Reply #540413 | Report this post

gwb  
Years ago

Nice. A bit of traction on the damnthang

Reply #540416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not hard, so overdue

Reply #540417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL FB says: The official website and all club sites will be temporarily unavailable this week, in preparation for the new NBL arriving on Thursday 6 August.

Reply #540442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope it's a decent website. I don't ask for much, it doesn't need to be extensive. Just something neat with working links and a decent stats interface.

Reply #540446 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I am excited to see a new logo. We're either going to love it or hate it. Whatever it is should be better than the ugly thing we have now.

Reply #540467 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm predicting:

New logo to be very simple;
New website to be annoying, slowish and graphics/text too big (like Basketball Australia website) because FoxSports Pulse are doing it

Reply #540490 | Report this post

Juno 74  
Years ago

Perhaps the new TV deal will be used as the first major announcement for the web page?

Reply #540499 | Report this post

Juno 74  
Years ago

Nice, the temporary page shows links to "Club Membership" and an "Online Store" which lead to nothing. Keeping up with NBL tradition of online mediocrity.

Reply #540501 | Report this post

What? They said they're shutting it down to get it right. Why don't you...I don't know, just wait and see what it's like when it returns?

Reply #540541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who gives a rats about a logo!

Reply #540543 | Report this post

Peterjohn  
Years ago

^+1
A brand is no better than its product and the logo is not the product. I'll happily take the steak without the sizzle, as long as it's well done.

Reply #540551 | Report this post

gwb  
Years ago

Jump, it's a bloody tempp page, what are you expecting?

Reply #540571 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I was with Peterjohn's analogy all the way until he said he wanted his steak well done

Reply #540575 | Report this post

Betty Leadfoot  
Years ago

Content and functionality are king closely followed by usability. A logo is such small stuff. I might look at it for 2 seconds on my first visit.

Here I do not even register the banner. My focus is on the discussion list and which one I want to read. Thats what keeps me coming back.

Reply #540585 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Can't believe this shit...

They're taking down the website (for a week mind you)
to replace it with

Another Website!

That's the BIG Plan???

Or maybe they'll change the name to "Australia United"
that oughta work.

Reply #540817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Can't believe this shit..."
That's exactly what most ppl say when they visit the NBL website. If u don't think it desperately needs a revamp ur in the small minority

Reply #540818 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Dazz, did you think they were going to replace the website with a japanese whaling boat?

Reply #540820 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with a little bit of a build up to hype things up. As long as they deliver with a much improved website, Im happy to wait a week.

Expect a few big announcements when the site is launched too.

Reply #540847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has,

What are the "Few big announce mounts"?

If you know something, just tell us

Reply #540884 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

884, Only what has been speculated on here which is a possible TV deal. There's a few threads about it.

That could be a factor as to why there is a week long build up to the new site?

I was just assuming only - sorry for getting you thinking I might know something :)

Reply #540887 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, I'd imagine if there are any big announcements coming they'd be saving them for the launch of the new brand, only because it's logical to do so. Frankly, I find it a bit odd that they announced the schedule when they did, although people do need to plan around the schedule to a greater degree than a TV deal, or the league getting a major sponsor, or whatever else.

Reply #540892 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I would have thought announcing the schedule was about locking in venues as much as anything.

Reply #540895 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You can set a schedule and lock in venues without announcing it to the public, though.

Reply #540897 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Well it's up and can be described in two words. DOGS BREAKFAST.

Reply #541495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunder Jam as usual you have underwhelmed us again.

Reply #541628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754