paul
Years ago

Tall Blacks pre-Oceania tour

For anyone interested in how NZ are doing in Europe and the Stankovic Cup:

G1 def Great Britain 77-72 in a closed scrimmage without Tait and Loe.

G2 def Great Britain 84-63.
Webster 32p, Bartlett 15p, Fotu 10p & 16r, Vukona 11r.

G3 lost to Croatia 70-68 on a 3p buzzer beater.
Webster 19p, Vukona 10p & 9r, Fotu 9p, Loe 9p.

G4 lost to Slovenia 73-68.
Webster 19p, Fotu 13p, Te Rangi 10p, Abercrombie 8p & 5r, Vukona 8r.

G5 def Venezuela 72-65 without Vukona or Abercrombie.
Webster 22p, Te Rangi 13p, Bartlett 8p, Fotu 8p & 14r.

Topic #37639 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

I'm thinking the scouting report should be focussing on trying to stop Webster. Amazing how dominant he is at international level compared with club (NBL) level.

I hope that having watched how NBL teams have defended him will give the Aussies an advantage.

Reply #541001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ will not be pushovers for Australia. We are missing the scoring punch of Mills and Ingles.

Reply #541011 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

NZ are in far better form than we are. This Lemanis douchebag gotta go

Reply #541050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GWB, we get it your having a nervous break down about lemains, he isnt going anywhere, so give it a rest.

Reply #541154 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NZ def Mexico 78-67 in G2 of the Stankovic Cup.
Abercrombie 25p @ 63%, Webster 15p, Fotu 9p & 7r.

Reply #541196 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

great effort from the Tall Blacks beating the Mexicans. Nice to see Tommy Abercrombie finally finding some form in the black singlet.

Reply #541422 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"NZ are in far better form than we are. This Lemanis douchebag gotta go"

are you 12yo?
Lemanis has forgotten more about basketball than you will ever know and you are only dark on him as his selection policy isn't based around unproven opinion or being signed to an NBA team.

Reply #541425 | Report this post

chito  
Years ago

Wasn't Mexico or Venezuela's first-string team.

Reply #541531 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NZ defeat China 89-82 without Webster.

Isaac Fotu filled the breach with 34p at 64% and 8r! Bartlett had 10p and 3s, Loe 9p and 4r, Te Rangi 9p, Tait 7p and 3a, Abercrombie 6p and 5r.

The Tall Blacks play the Stankovic Cup final tomorrow night, against Mexico I think?

Reply #541697 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I think it is China's U23 team playing in the Stankovic cup but I can't find a box score to substantiate this.

Paul?

Reply #541701 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NZ take out the Stankovic Cup with a 70-66 win over Mexico.

Corey Webster scored 30p and won tournament MVP. Isaac Fotu had 14p & 18r and joined C-Web in the all-tourny team. Mika Vukona had 8p, 6r & 3s and Tom Abercrombie 4p & 7r.

ftsos - I don't think it was strictly China's U23 team but from what I can tell it's their younger players on the fringe of the main team. They lost narrowly to Venezuela in the 3/4 playoff.

Reply #541898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754